2014 Civic LX Sedan - Ignition Switch bad

kursed

Staunton, VA
Just an FYI. We purchased our LX 5 speed last week, just hit 300 miles in it yesterday and upon returning to the car from a store, no start.

We had great dash lights, nothing strange on the iMid, all controls seemed fine. When turning the key there was no reaction, not even a click from the starter.

Towed back to dealer for diagnosis. They called us today, ignition switch was faulty and would not engage anything past the accessories.

Hopefully up and running tomorrow, just wanted to throw it out there in case anyone else ran across the same problem.

The guys at the dealership last night said it would probably be something to do with the security system. I said "Nope, the mother ship was mad at it and shut it down." They laughed, turns out I was right.

:P

kursed

Staunton, VA
Update. The ignition switch is on backorder until December. WTF?! So we are waiting to hear back from a district manager on how to speed up the process. Currently driving an Accord loaner that I don't really like. Only 3K miles on it and it's filthy and stinks to high hell already.

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
Update. The ignition switch is on backorder until December. WTF?! So we are waiting to hear back from a district manager on how to speed up the process.

I would make them rip one out of a car on the lot.

kursed

Staunton, VA
I'm debating that or another car altogether if I don't hear some positive news by weeks end. This is ridiculous. 300 miles and I'm out of a car for 3 months? I don't think so.

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Wow that's crap. Keep us updated. Do you have a part number by any chance? I wonder if @CollegeHillsHonda might have one. I just looked on their parts site. I'm not sure if this is exactly the part you need but it's listed as "steering switch".

2014 Civic coupe LX 5-speed:

http://www.collegehillshondaparts.c...er-components-scat/?part_name=switch-steering

2013 Civic coupe LX 5-speed has the same part number. You might be able to get one from a wrecked car. I know there are plenty of crashed 2013 LX's out there already. The part is only $40ish. Let me know if thats the part you need.

I've ordered from AHparts before and they were very easy to deal with. If this is what you need I found the ecu and ignition out of a 2013 LX 5-speed. Maybe if the dealer can't get your parts until then, they could reimburse you and install this in the meantime just so you could have your car back.

http://www.ahparts.com/buy-used/2013-Honda-CIVIC-Engine-Computer-Ignition-key/73721

kursed

Staunton, VA
That part turned out to be the switch and the part mine needs was the lock cylinder. They had already gotten the switch in.

So they found a lock cylinder from Honda Europe and it should be here in a week. Then that part will get sent for re-keying. Hopefully have our Civic back in a few weeks. This sucks so bad.

kursed

Staunton, VA
So 21 days later we FINALLY get our new car back. VERY unimpressed with Honda service right now. Let's see, you have our brand new 300 mile car in for service, you leave it sitting outside for almost a month, and don't even attempt to wash the filth off before turning it back over to me? WTF Valley Honda? Really? This should be embarrassing, but if they gave a crap this wouldn't happen in the first place.