323's Build

Michal006

PA
Vehicle Model
Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 6MT
Body Style
Access Cab
So scary the first time I felt those vibrations. I thought my front tires were coming off the vibrations were so strong. I was thinking, aw fruit cakes ! How much is this going to cost me?! Turns out the snow completely rebalances the wheel and voila.

Agreed. I had the same experience.:bricks:

Modifier
Chicago
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I'm so close to hitting the purchase button on those wheels with some Pilot SS

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
I'm so close to hitting the purchase button on those wheels with some Pilot SS

I am picking up some PSSs this weekend. 245/40/17s are on sale at Tire Rack. I am waiting on the wheels until they either go on sale or it is time to switch out from the winter setup.

Modifier
Chicago
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I am picking up some PSSs this weekend. 245/40/17s are on sale at Tire Rack. I am waiting on the wheels until they either go on sale or it is time to switch out from the winter setup.
Even with being on sale at tire rack, they're still a few bucks cheaper at Costco.
The only thing holding me back is trying to decide whether I should install the aftercooler first, and then tires, or the other way around.
My reasoning is there's no use getting even more power without the tires to use it.

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
Even with being on sale at tire rack, they're still a few bucks cheaper at Costco.
The only thing holding me back is trying to decide whether I should install the aftercooler first, and then tires, or the other way around.
My reasoning is there's no use getting even more power without the tires to use it.

Tires first!

I may have to look into Costco. I don't have a membership, but buying the tires and membership would be the same as buying them from Tire Rack.

Pauly99to17

Ville de Quebec
Vehicle Model
2012 LX
Body Style
Dyno Blue Pearl Sedan (FB2)
Plus the gas there is super cheap. I save $5-$10 a tank filling up there
$7.50 savings. How is that possible?
Gas is a couple cents cheaper/litre at Costco.
Civics have approx. 40 L gas tank. 40 L x .02 cents = .80 cents savings
I never understood why anyone would line up for gas when the max you can save is about $2 bucks. Hardly worth it IMO.

Modifier
Chicago
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
$7.50 savings. How is that possible?
Gas is a couple cents cheaper/litre at Costco.
Civics have approx. 40 L gas tank. 40 L x .02 cents = .80 cents savings
I never understood why anyone would line up for gas when the max you can save is about $2 bucks. Hardly worth it IMO.
Maybe with regular there is less of a difference but with premium it's an average of 40-50 cents cheaper per gallon

Modifier
Chicago
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Tires first!

I may have to look into Costco. I don't have a membership, but buying the tires and membership would be the same as buying them from Tire Rack.
Price difference, Costco vs tirerack.
Tirerack is on top and notice the price doesn't include $15 shipping per tire

FooBird

If the Foo...well, you know. Just wear it.
Kirkland, WA
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
I caught the Discount Tire $100 rebate sale. Had Discount Tire beat the Costco price (with coupon - dropped it to $160/tire) and then got the $100 rebate to knock it down to $135. Unfortunately, that Discount Tire rebate deal was for 2/13-2/14 only.

That was for a set of 225/40-18 super sports. But the starting price and Costco discounted prices weren't much different ($5 cheaper/tire). I was working from $179.99 Costco price with $70 coupon ($162.49/tire). Discount did $160/tire to beat the Costco deal.