• 8th Gen Civics

We've opened up an 8th gen specific area just for you.

You're welcome to start a build thread, share pics of your ride, and introduce yourself to the members here.

We want to see your rides!

8th Generation Civic General Chat

fatherhood

May i enquire whether anyone did a install of hybrid into their gen8civics?
I'm using a gen8civic 2.0, in malaysia. Thought of installing a hybrid system to it. Any advice?
Regards,
Fatherhood.

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
May i enquire whether anyone did a install of hybrid into their gen8civics?
I'm using a gen8civic 2.0, in malaysia. Thought of installing a hybrid system to it. Any advice?
Regards,
Fatherhood.

The 2.0 SI engine would probably not work well trying to retrofit an electric hybrid system to work with it, if thats what you have. I thought the SI wasn't sold in Malaysia though? And by hybrid did you mean gas/electric or were you referring to a turbo/supercharger setup?

fatherhood

Why do you want to install hybrid system. It's better to sell yours and buy a company fitted hybrid
Well i drove my cousin's civic 1st gen hybrid and i find it powerful at low speed. Secondly, the fuel saving is tremendous. I'm doing about 400-450 with a full tank currently, translating to about RM0.20/km
Regards
Fatherhood

fatherhood

The 2.0 SI engine would probably not work well trying to retrofit an electric hybrid system to work with it, if thats what you have. I thought the SI wasn't sold in Malaysia though? And by hybrid did you mean gas/electric or were you referring to a turbo/supercharger setup?
Nix, i'm not driving a SI, its a FD2Z, 2010 civic2.0 8 gen. Hybrid refering to electric motor.

Nevtec

Lincoln, Nebraska
Vehicle Model
civic
Body Style
FG2
Hybrid electrical isn't something someone without training or vast knowledge should be touching. I've taken many hybrid certification classes for various makes and models and honestly hybrid systems scare the **** out of me. 1 simple wrong move and your dead, absolutely no room for error or forgiveness.

So in my professional opinion, don't do it.

fatherhood

Dear brothers, thank you for the reply. No i wont be diy-ing it myself. I would prefer to send to authorize shop to do the add ons and retune the car with hybrid install.
Thanks for the advice!