Anyone here a beer advocate?

KennyGS

How may I help?
Keystone State
Wouldn't work ay my parents house. Chances are if my dad found them, they'd be gone :rotfl:

Locking mini-fridge

HeelsandEers

Motown, WV
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FA5
Now that is something I need.

I could of used one for 2 years when I lived with an enormous roommate who ate everything :giggle:

9000 RPM

Brooklyn NY
IDK if I should crush another 6 pack at the beach today or stick to nothing.

Already burned 1500 calories on a bike ride, had a protein shake and 3 egg whites.

Turkey sandwich and pretzels is my beach food. I'm weary on the calories but that iced cold Dos Equis is the ish on the beach.

Reactions: Nix

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Picked up a growler of Rohrbachs Blueberry Ale last night. Pretty good, easy drinking, light blueberry taste. It's definitely not that overdone flavoring poured in taste.

I didn't realize it would be so easy to drink a half gallon of beer! Only 4.5% so it didn't bite too bad.

http://www.rohrbachs.com/Quality-Craft-Beers/Anchor-Beers.html

I got the blue one on the left.

KennyGS

How may I help?
Keystone State
Picked up a growler of Rohrbachs Blueberry Ale last night. Pretty good, easy drinking, light blueberry taste. It's definitely not that overdone flavoring poured in taste.

I'm generally not a fan of flavored beers.

My wife likes this, which I can drink one or two of at a time.

HeelsandEers

Motown, WV
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FA5

I didn't realize it would be so easy to drink a half gallon of beer! Only 4.5% so it didn't bite too bad.

http://www.rohrbachs.com/Quality-Craft-Beers/Anchor-Beers.html

I'm typically not a flavored beer guy buy that sounds pretty good. I had a Sam Adams Blueberry Hill Lager the other day and I must say I liked it more than I thought. I'm sure that ale is ever tastier.

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Yeah, im not much for fruity beers or overly flavored ones but it is a local brewery and this particular one was reccomended to me by the cashier. She rings me out a lot since I go after work, pretty late usually like midnight, and she noticed what I tend to buy.

There is a pretty wretched one called Wild Blue and is has a picture of a cartoon dog on it. DO NOT BUY IT. It is horrible. 8% and cheap though...

stilletto

Chicago, IL
Vehicle Model
Volkswagen Golf GTI
Customer gave me a bottle of "Wheach", peach flavored beer, brewed by O'Fallon's Brewery. Supposedly won several awards, but I wasn't impressed.

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
BAD BEER STAY AWAY!!!

This is one to stay away from! It totally comes off as a "craft" brew but if you read all over the label and the carton, its brewed by some "blue dawg brewing" in Baldwinsville NY. The only brewery there is a giant Anheuser-Busch factory. This beer tastes like crap and is basically strong brew 8% Budweiser with "blueberry" flavor poured in. It's a dark blue color in the glass and will stain like cheap wine. Tastes like thunderbird/wild irish rose/other bum wines.

Last edited:

HeelsandEers

Motown, WV
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FA5
BAD BEER STAY AWAY!!!

This is one to stay away from! It totally comes off as a "craft" brew but if you read all over the label and the carton, its brewed by some "blue dawg brewing" in Baldwinsville NY. The only brewery there is a giant Anheuser-Busch factory. This beer tastes like crap and is basically strong brew 8% Budweiser with "blueberry" flavor poured in. It's a dark blue color in the glass and will stain like cheap wine. Tastes like thunderbird/wild irish rose/other bum wines.

I've seen this in stores. I've always stayed away and it looks like it was rightfully so. I did not know this was an AB product though.

Speaking of AB, anyone here drink any Goose Island beers? I started seeing it pop up everywhere in stores around here over the past year. I did not know that AB acquired it, but that made a lot of sense as to why I started seeing it. As of now I don't believe AB take any part in the brewing process, and I hope it stats that way. Goose Island IPA is pretty tasty and one of my go to IPAs that I can find at just about any grocery store.

HeelsandEers

Motown, WV
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FA5
It's a fall sampler. A 24-pack comes in 4 varieties.

Never tried their pumpkin ale or any of the other two. I did try the Blue Moon spring or summer variety pack (not sure what it was) and It was downright terrible lol The only half decent beer in the pack was regular Blue Moon.

I can not wait for fall time and for all the Marzen/Oktoberfest beers :drooling:

Last edited:

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Seriously! You read my mind! I was just thinking of how nice all the early fall seasonal stuff is! I love pumpkin beers. My favorite has got to be the dogfish head punkin ale.

Also Wolavers organic, now owned by Otter Creek, released a pumpkin ale that was incredible. Unfortunately the downside of their totally organic ingredients is that you can never get the same beer twice. I was sorely dissapointed by their pumpkin beer on more than one occasion. Just depends on the pumpkins they get that day. Sometimes though.... it is just magic in a bottle. I will always buy it if I see it. It is that good.

EDIT: The wolavers is now called Wolavers Will Stevens Pumpkin Ale

COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION
This pumpkin ale is brewed with organic pumpkins grown by Will and Judy Stevens, of Golden Russet Farm in Shoreham, VT, less than 15 miles away from our brewery. They have been growing organic vegetables and flowers for more than 25 years. Using local, organic ingredients whenever possible and supporting local farmers is just one of the many ways that we strive to minimize our impact on the environment. The subtle flavor of pumpkin and mild notes of spice enhance this golden amber ale, making it a perfect choice for the season. Wolaver’s offers a variety of styles to suit every taste, craft brewed in small batches at our "green" family owned brewery in Vermont. Our products contain to preservatives, are not pasteurized and, like all fresh foods, will change over time We print the date we bottled on for your information

Last edited: