Anyone here a beer advocate?

Dar-Dar

Mordorator
North NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Fiji Blue Pearl Coupe Coolest Member Since: May 15, 2011
Very strong very bitter beer. 9.7%? Lagunitas, you're crazy.

HeelsandEers

Motown, WV
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FA5
Haven't posted here in quite a while.... :hiding:

@Nix, have you ever had Duchesse? You seem to like a lot foreign beers. If you haven't, it's a phenomenal, yet pricey, Belgian sour.

Reactions: Nix

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Love the duchesse! Usually can only find big bottle 750ml though. Sometimes its hard to drink that much at once. Those usually tend to sit around also. Hit or miss for if its still good or has sat on the shelf in the light for too long. I try and fish them out of the back if I can.

Had it on tap once. Phenomenal.

Cigar City ain't too shabby either! Had some of their stuff on tap at the Democratic Republic of Beer down in Miami.
http://drbmiami.com/

Vomited that night. Then had to get on a cruise ship the next morning.

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Hahahah sweet baby jesus = post #666

So I went looking for Duchesse the other night, ugh forgot how expensive it is. I really really wanted it too but $25/750.... if I pass my CT registry tomorrow Ill get one.

FooBird

If the Foo...well, you know. Just wear it.
Kirkland, WA
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
7 Seas Ballz Deep Double IPA. Good but more malty than I anticipated.

Stone Brewery gut passing out bumper stickers.

uploadfromtaptalk1399793051223.jpguploadfromtaptalk1399793065209.jpg

Brandt

Dr.Gonzo
Houston
Vehicle Model
EX
Body Style
FG3
I'll have to throw up some of the lager I drink sometime, not much of a drinker but I know a lot of locals around here that brew their own and it's amazing.

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
I found Duchesse for $12.50/750ml. Half the price of the other place and it was fairly fresh! it was awesome! I want to go back and clean them out.

Also been drinking a lot of Against The Grain stuff. They are a local Louisville brewery. Pretty decent. I went to their brewhouse and sat outside and got a flight of all 6 of th ebeers they are currently making.

Their "Berwynnerweisse" is great, sour and funky and tart.

I've also been getting their "Five Roses: A Rick Astley Joint." Good, but I don't like it as much as the other one. I will buy it over almost everything else if I see it though.

Also, if you ever see anything by Off Color Brewing, I highly recommend you try it. I really liked their "Scurry" and I was inquiring about finding more "gose" at the beer mart and the guy suggested their "Troublesome." It says nothing about gose on the label but it definitely is. Sour, salty, funky, tart. A common theme lately. Hahahah
A great summer beer for when its hot out. I like it just slightly below room temp.

Brandt

Dr.Gonzo
Houston
Vehicle Model
EX
Body Style
FG3
Nice man, I'm not too keen on the tart and sour, I seem to have more of a taste for spices, I like a lot of the local octoberfest beer here, the caramels and spices are great. Which is also why I'm more of a rum drinker lol as long as I have my sailor jerry or kracken, I'm good!

HeelsandEers

Motown, WV
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FA5
Love the duchesse! Usually can only find big bottle 750ml though. Sometimes its hard to drink that much at once. Those usually tend to sit around also. Hit or miss for if its still good or has sat on the shelf in the light for too long. I try and fish them out of the back if I can.

Had it on tap once. Phenomenal.

Cigar City ain't too shabby either! Had some of their stuff on tap at the Democratic Republic of Beer down in Miami.
http://drbmiami.com/

Vomited that night. Then had to get on a cruise ship the next morning.

Agreed on not wanting that much Duchesse at once... though it is perfect for sharing. I think the 11 ounce bottles are the perfect individual amount. This is was the first time I've seen Duchesse at my usual store. I was so excited I had to buy it lol The only bad thing about Duchesse is it's so expensive, so I try not to drink all of them too quickly. But I also don't want to keep the bottles too long as Duchesse is better fresh lol

Cigar City is great. Jai Alai is amazing. I'm supposed to go down to the Tampa area in August... I'm definitely making a stop at the brewery.

Hahahah sweet baby jesus = post #666

So I went looking for Duchesse the other night, ugh forgot how expensive it is. I really really wanted it too but $25/750.... if I pass my CT registry tomorrow Ill get one.

$25 for 750ml is ridiculous! That's more than I paid for my 4 pack. I hate places that price gouge...

I found Duchesse for $12.50/750ml. Half the price of the other place and it was fairly fresh! it was awesome! I want to go back and clean them out.

Also been drinking a lot of Against The Grain stuff. They are a local Louisville brewery. Pretty decent. I went to their brewhouse and sat outside and got a flight of all 6 of th ebeers they are currently making.

Their "Berwynnerweisse" is great, sour and funky and tart.

I've also been getting their "Five Roses: A Rick Astley Joint." Good, but I don't like it as much as the other one. I will buy it over almost everything else if I see it though.

Also, if you ever see anything by Off Color Brewing, I highly recommend you try it. I really liked their "Scurry" and I was inquiring about finding more "gose" at the beer mart and the guy suggested their "Troublesome." It says nothing about gose on the label but it definitely is. Sour, salty, funky, tart. A common theme lately. Hahahah
A great summer beer for when its hot out. I like it just slightly below room temp.

Much better price for the Duchesse! I'd love to regularly be able to find bottles at that price.

All of those beers sound amazing. Must be nice to have a local brewery that does stuff like that. I have a family friend that lives in Louisville.. might have to ask them to bring up a few bombers from that place next time they visit lol

I need to get my hands on more sours in general. Still have such hard time finding any at my local stores..

Hahahaha..... ah Southern Tier...... whyyyyyy...hahahaha well if you like it that's all that matters.

Try Southern Tier 2x One if you have not. One of the best "pale" ales I've ever had and my favorite Southern Tier beer by far. I say "pale" because it's 8% with plenty of hop flavor... but still classified as a pale ale.

Prob won't change your mind about Southern Tier but you may enjoy this beer :giggle: