Anyone here a beer advocate?

TattooedJp75

Princeton, NC
Vehicle Model
12' Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
St Louis Framboise. Belgium Lambic. Delicious.

I agree! That stuff is good!

HeelsandEers

Motown, WV
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FA5
My girlfriend was in Boston this past weekend and went on a tour of the Sam Adams brewery. She brought me back these:

I think the Tetravis might go on the shelf for a year and age. I guess the older this beer is the better it gets.

FooBird

If the Foo...well, you know. Just wear it.
Kirkland, WA
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
My girlfriend was in Boston this past weekend and went on a tour of the Sam Adams brewery. She brought me back these:

I think the Tetravis might go on the shelf for a year and age. I guess the older this beer is the better it gets.

That looks like it'd be good.

'06Siguy

Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sexy
That Samuel Smith oatmeal stout is one of my favorites. Good choice.

HeelsandEers

Motown, WV
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FA5
Had a stone IPA last night... still by far one of my favorite beers. Had a 60 min IPA right after (a beer I typically enjoy as well) and it was no comparison.

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
If you see the oaked, it's worth it!

Ah what should I get tonight? Boddingtons? 90min? St.Bernardus? So many choices....

HeelsandEers

Motown, WV
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FA5
Oaked arrogant bastard? Yeah, that was there also today. I'll Def try it next time.

I'm a big fan of ruination IPA and I figured I'd give this self righteous ale a try.

I'm drinking one now actually.. And it's delicious. I would expect nothing less from stone.

Reactions: Nix

HeelsandEers

Motown, WV
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FA5
I had some relatively disappointing beers tonight.

My first beer was a Sly Fox Valor... a Belgium pale ale. I was very disappointed in this. It just tasted... off. Probably the only sly fox beer I've ever had that I wasn't satisfied with.

I also had a Great Lakes Lake Erie Monster. It was a very strong, very hoppy, imperial IPA. Not bad by any means, just not what I was expecting.

Another I had was a Great Divide Orbelle, a belgian tripel. It had some strong wheat notes and not much coriander flavor. Again, not bad by any means, but wouldn't be my first beer of choice.

My favorite beer I had on the night was probably the Hop Odyssey Black IPA by Green Flash Brewing. Very hoppy.. and very malty. Usually you don't get both notes like that. It was a pretty dark pour, almost stout like.

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
If you can ever find it... my all time favorite wheat beer has to be the St.Bernardus Wit. Also labeled as Blanche. If you know the story behind Hoegaarden and wheat beers coming to America....

Pierre Celis is the guy responsible. The label has his name on it as he is the guy who basically kept this style of beer alive. I swear its one of the most fantastic beers I've ever had. As far as this style goes. If you like Blue Moon thank Pierre. (Although im sure he hates it!)

HeelsandEers

Motown, WV
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FA5
Just had two 16 oz drafts, one of Sierra Nevada Hoptimum and one Magic Hat #9 at happy hour for a combined total of $6. Tough to beat.