Anyone here a beer advocate?

HeelsandEers

Motown, WV
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FA5

Dogfish head, 3 different Stone beers, and some Hop Devil.

Also gonna be with a couple other big beer drinkers who are gonna have some good stuff.

It's gonna be a good day :beer:

corey99699

Yesterday I bought some Rogue yellow snow ipa,Ft.Collins Rocky mtn ipa and some Highland Kashmir ipa.Im craving some Stone now may have to make a run.

HeelsandEers

Motown, WV
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FA5
^My borderline favorite beer

Tried the Duvel Rustica that has been in my fridge for weeks now the other day, and it was also quite good. Not as good as the original, but not far off.

Last edited:

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
I got some stuff on closeout last night at the grocery store. They have a pretty good craft beer section. I got a cheap quart, like a short fat almost growler looking bottle, of Corona for $0.80! I couldn't pass it up. Seriously 4 beers for less than a buck? Not bad. Also some oddball Dogfish bottle, and a 4 pack of Sixpoint cans.

Comparison:

We went out to dinner first. Had a SlyFox Weisse. It was fantastic! It's like a much much better blue moon.

stilletto

Chicago, IL
Vehicle Model
Volkswagen Golf GTI
Drank some Serbian Beer over the fourth.
Believe it was "Jelen Pivo"? Haven't had an actual pint in a while. Haha.

stilletto

Chicago, IL
Vehicle Model
Volkswagen Golf GTI
Revolution Anti-Hero IPA.

Apparently brewed here in Chicago, and just what I need after an almost twelve hour day.

HeelsandEers

Motown, WV
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FA5
Just had a pitcher of one of my favorite local Morgantown beers, Halleck Pale Ale. as well as a Chimay Tripel (White) over a delicious coal fired garlic and mushroom pizza.

Both beers and the pizza were :drooling: status

HeelsandEers

Motown, WV
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FA5
Had this all at http://www.piesandpints.net/

Some of the best pizza I've ever had. That's including fine pizza from all over the east coast and Italy. That's saying something for a four location restaurant chain started in WV. The beer selection is very solid. About 15 different ones on draft and about 40 or so different ones bottled .

Giffy

Wantagh, New York 11793
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
coupe
not to go off topic, if it is let me know, but do we have any other home brewers here?
im not super advanced, some people set up full on chem labs, but i've been at it for
a number of years and it comes out great!

Taffeta 12

Antelope Valley
Vehicle Model
Honda civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
not to go off topic, if it is let me know, but do we have any other home brewers here?
im not super advanced, some people set up full on chem labs, but i've been at it for
My buddy homebrews and creates some delicious brews. From what I saw and what he's told me, the initial setup is what costs the most... After that it's not bad.. I want to get into that once im settled in at the new house...His setup is somewhat simple too. Has a fridge for lager brewing too :)

Blimpcity

Jezza
NEO
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Definitely a beer connoisseur here. Ever try anything by Great Lakes in Cleveland?

great_lakes.jpg

Reactions: Nix

HeelsandEers

Motown, WV
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FA5

I'd definitely like to get into one day. When I have my own home and am settled :giggle:

How much equipment is need to start up?

Definitely a beer connoisseur here. Ever try anything by Great Lakes in Cleveland?

View attachment 23186

I've had many of their beers. They're a pretty good, well distributed craft brewery. Had a Lake Erie Great Lakes Monster a couple weeks ago. Pretty tasty.

Taffeta 12

Antelope Valley
Vehicle Model
Honda civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
All I said was that I wanted to get set up at the new house properly before I spend money on brewing beer. Jeez, who would of thought priorities should come first...

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Hahaha... you don't need much to brew depending on what you're making. Making sure everything is clean first is the trickiest. A really good thermometer is very very helpful as well to getting it to come out right. Especially for the yeast step. Not hot enough and it doesn't work good, too hot and you can kill it.

You basically need one big pot to boil the wort, then into a fermentation vessel, add yeast, wait, and then bottle it!

I did it once with a big lobster pot. It makes a frickin sticky mess though if you aren't careful.

Just boiled, added ingredients, transferred it into a glass carboy, added water until it was at the 5 gallon mark, wait till the temp drops, add yeast, put a "blow-off" tube on, wait a few days, cause it's gonna foam over a few times, clean it up like everyday, then once it settles add a water seal airlock and stick it in the closet to wait for your brew!

I ruined my carboy making wine though. It got some sort of residue stuck on the inside and I have not been able to get it off! I tried all sorts of cleaners, long wire brushes, these steel ball bearing "cleaning" beads that you roll around and they are supposed to wear stains off the inside. Nothin! Its like a pink paint stripe on the inside. I don't think it would affect anything but im not gonna take the risk of adding hot wort and reactivating some strange bacteria.

Last edited: