Anyone running Injen cat back?

Balt15Si

I've been listening to different axle backs for the Si, and I think the Injen set up sounds the best, does anyone have any views or opinions on it?

Last edited:

Balt15Si

Now I'm hearing that these after market exhaust systems have a bad drone at highway speeds, does anyone know of any that don't have this issue?

sunofwolf

Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
the problem is not enough mufflers, too small resonators. UR has the best exhaust setup I know but its not cheap. Twin Mufflers. My thermal exhaust 3" on srt-4 has one very big muffler and makes less noise than a stock srt-4. the Q300 has a large muffler, but I think its actually too big as it has clearance problems and must be very heavy. I am happy to replace that awful honda exhaust and stock tune. But don't forget I am very sound sensitive that why I paying $185 for the second muffler setup 3" all the way though, I did cheap out a little with the cnt catted downpipe, but it is a quality piece. So my setup is CAI 3.5, catted downpipe 3" with catback exhaust 3" with twin muffler's and tuned by etunez. I wanted to perhaps go to FI later on. So I can go by by my sickly.:lildevil:

Last edited:

Balt15Si

I wanted something that sounded a bit deeper and a little louder, from the YouTube videos I've seen the axle back Injen setup sounded great, but I'm now concerned with droning

sunofwolf

Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
Well try it out maybe it will work, droning maybe impossible to totally get rid of in a performance exhaust.

r18-power

FL
Vehicle Model
Focus ST
Body Style
Hatchback
I had the injen axleback back in 2012 when I had my 2012 Si, great sounding axle back definitely louder than stock but no drone. You will not be disappointed!

C8554608-DEAE-458E-81BC-3AF09373EFEC.jpeg

RyanR47

Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Thanks R18, good to hear

Hey any update if you got this part? I'm thinking between just doing the Injen axle-back or go Magnaflow catback (double the $$ but that's not an issue for me)