Axleback options for 2013 NON-Si ?

Ernesto Montano

Miami, Fl
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hey guys I'm looking to get an aftermarket axleback for my Non-Si and I want to know if anyone suggests
a certain one. If anyone knows of one and has maybe a sound test video that would be sweet

I'm just looking for an axleback because i don't plan on tuning the car and it sounds real nice

Reactions: Tak

Dar-Dar

Mordorator
North NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Fiji Blue Pearl Coupe Coolest Member Since: May 15, 2011
06-11 Si axleback or 06-11 HFP Si axleback. Although the HFP muffler will provide you a better sound.

Pro tip: Do not delete the muffler to make the car sound nicer. It will reduce performance and damage the rear passenger side suspension/chassis components.

Christian12

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
06-11 Si axleback or 06-11 HFP Si axleback. Although the HFP muffler will provide you a better sound.

Pro tip: Do not delete the muffler to make the car sound nicer. It will reduce performance and damage the rear passenger side suspension/chassis components.
Also hurts your ears

Reactions: Nix

Tak

New York City
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan (FB2)
@Dar-Dar @Christian12
I am planning to do the same setup. Is there any modification or tweak to install this 8th HFP axle back muffler?Is it a direct bolt-on? Do I just bring it to any body shop to swap and install?
Please advise.
Thanks

Last edited:

Tak

New York City
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan (FB2)
Hey guys I'm looking to get an aftermarket axleback for my Non-Si and I want to know if anyone suggests
a certain one. If anyone knows of one and has maybe a sound test video that would be sweet

I'm just looking for an axleback because i don't plan on tuning the car and it sounds real nice

To OP.

IMHO, I may not get the 8th gen HFP axle back muffler.
I prefer the Takeda axle back exhaust. Please see the link below.
http://afepower.com/shop/details_ne...odel=Civic&year=2012&engine=1.8L&&brandID=117

Many people say the 8th gen HFP axle back does not increase any power. Though the sound is nicer.
However, the Takeda's one not only does it improve the sound, but also the horsepower, which is dyno-tested.

I am saving $$$ on this :)

stevenlyyy

Rosemead, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Sedan
I can actually chime in on this as I do have the Takeda Axe Back installed on my LX 2013 civic ! Honestly you will not feel any gain in HP but the sound is pretty amazing for just being an axle back ! You can hear your car when it idles; during start up; when you're crusing at 1,500RPM on the city you know its there and when youre gunning it to 3KRPM or above thats when you can really hear it ! All in all I have no regrets in purchasing the Axle Back and is worth the investment ! I purchased mine from a vendor on here called wesellcarparts ! They have great prices and excellent customer service !

Tak

New York City
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan (FB2)
I can actually chime in on this as I do have the Takeda Axe Back installed on my LX 2013 civic ! Honestly you will not feel any gain in HP but the sound is pretty amazing for just being an axle back ! You can hear your car when it idles; during start up; when you're crusing at 1,500RPM on the city you know its there and when youre gunning it to 3KRPM or above thats when you can really hear it ! All in all I have no regrets in purchasing the Axle Back and is worth the investment ! I purchased mine from a vendor on here called wesellcarparts ! They have great prices and excellent customer service !

That's great to hear about your result.

However, I am also debating whether I'm going to get this Takeda Axle back or Tsudo N1 catback exhaust.
I prefer catback exhaust as it's more performance wise and ready for the supercharge/turbo. Perhaps, we can tune up the ECU with the direct bolt-on.
Whoever knows about this can chime in as well.
Thanks

stevenlyyy

Rosemead, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Sedan
I have a neighbor who has the Tsudo N1 and I personally dont like the sound of it but to each their own ! i think its a little too raspy for my liking

Reactions: Tak

Tak

New York City
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan (FB2)
I have a neighbor who has the Tsudo N1 and I personally dont like the sound of it but to each their own ! i think its a little too raspy for my liking
The sound of Tsudo N1 is very deep and loud. I don't know if it is like a fart can or not. I like it because it is more bang for buck. The. Tsudo is cheaper than takedo. But I think the installation of tsudo's labor cost is higher as well.

Tak

New York City
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan (FB2)
an exhaust is an exhaust. You shouldn't be paying more for one brand to be installed over another
I actually agree.
Perhaps some shops may try to rip me off.
I was looking around and asking shops for the installation of cat back exhaust and axle back exhaust. But I was concluded that the labor fee is higher on cat back exhaust........

Christian12

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
i think the best question here how much can you or your passengers can stand drone, the tsudo will have more to alot of drone compared to the takeda axel back. i personally am not a fan of drone but thats just my 2 cents

NoMoreNissans

Ottawa, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Sedan
buy a used 8th gen Si axleback off someone who's modded their exhaust and has the OEM one lying around. check the 8th gen forums, you could get one for 100$

none of these axelback options will increase HP whatsoever so don't let that factor in to decision making. You want looks, quality, sound and fitment. < that leads you to a used OEM 8th gen Si muffler

Tak

New York City
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan (FB2)
buy a used 8th gen Si axleback off someone who's modded their exhaust and has the OEM one lying around. check the 8th gen forums, you could get one for 100$

none of these axelback options will increase HP whatsoever so don't let that factor in to decision making. You want looks, quality, sound and fitment. < that leads you to a used OEM 8th gen Si muffler

Thanks @NoMoreNissans
For 8th gen Si or 8th gen SI HFP axle back muffler, are they both direct bolt on without any modification.

Thanks