civic si lowering springs.

Winnn420

Houston, TX
Vehicle Model
Civic Si, NAV
Body Style
Coupe
He told me they're about to install a set on someone's car but they're not quite ready to sell. As soon as he has them available I'll order a set.

This may be a stupid question but are the springs on a sedan vs the coupe different, I know the weights are similar. Road magnet's website doesn't give you an option between the two but I know H&R lists them separately, or they at least have a different part # for the sedan & coupe, road magnet's website just says 2012 Si springs.

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
the 8th generation had a difference between the coupe/sedan. The 9th - the weights are almost identical between coupe/sedan. Road magnet is the only company I know of that actually has a lowering springs you can actually buy right now. The others that are showing on websites are in development at this point... like h&r. I've not seen anything on spring rate differences between the two though. I don't know what they'll do.

brown_bear

Reston, Virginia
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
im the one getting the Reshift coils, we had to push it back another week since they just moved to a new shop, they have to set up and stuff, pretty excited about this set-up, didnt fox engeering have a coupe with those springs?

Winnn420

Houston, TX
Vehicle Model
Civic Si, NAV
Body Style
Coupe
the 8th generation had a difference between the coupe/sedan. The 9th - the weights are almost identical between coupe/sedan. Road magnet is the only company I know of that actually has a lowering springs you can actually buy right now. The others that are showing on websites are in development at this point... like h&r. I've not seen anything on spring rate differences between the two though. I don't know what they'll do.

Winnn420

Houston, TX
Vehicle Model
Civic Si, NAV
Body Style
Coupe
Yea that's what I read, that Fox used the road magnets on that blue coupe. Well I went ahead and ordered a set, gloss black, so we'll see how fast they ship em out. I'll get em mounted the day I get em mounted as soon as they show up...I'll just order a set of coilovers once they're available and sell the road magnets

Winnn420

Houston, TX
Vehicle Model
Civic Si, NAV
Body Style
Coupe
Lol...yea I would actually so I'll know what mine will look like (considering its tough to tell looking at one with rolled fenders, body kit & 20's) though I already ordered them so I guess I'll see it in person soon enough :)

Winnn420

Houston, TX
Vehicle Model
Civic Si, NAV
Body Style
Coupe
No a local shop will be installing them for me but I can take a bunch of pics while they're doing it, just for info since obviously not DIY. They're looking forward to working on their first 9th gen...

Anyone else notice the fox marketing Si is missing the drivers side fog light? I wonder if it went to SEMA like that :)

Winnn420

Houston, TX
Vehicle Model
Civic Si, NAV
Body Style
Coupe
Ahh, you would think they would remove the passenger side too...I'll take a bunch of pics of the springs being installed.

This is by far the newest car I've ever lowered, 186 miles & counting...

Winnn420

Houston, TX
Vehicle Model
Civic Si, NAV
Body Style
Coupe
well the springs will be here Monday...now I just need to buy another civic to install them on...airbags did a great job of protecting me, just a slightly injured wrist

Winnn420

Houston, TX
Vehicle Model
Civic Si, NAV
Body Style
Coupe
The other driver (ford explored in the background of 2nd pic) was 100% at fault, blew a red light...he admitted his fault to the police & has insurance so it should be resolved pretty quick...fingers crossed.

I almost broke 400 miles before totalling it!

Winnn420

Houston, TX
Vehicle Model
Civic Si, NAV
Body Style
Coupe
will do...it'll be fine either way. I have progressive and they're always good to work with. They'll most likely pay it off and then collect their money through subrogation from the other carrier.

All I know is the soreness is starting to set in, it happened about 5 hours ago and I felt nothing on scene, now I feel like I've been in an accident :)

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
you know how fast you guys were going during the collision? I'd advise taking some form of pain killer, as you're going to probably have soreness increase over the next 24hrs. I recall seatbelt marks showing up the next day with bruising...along with stiffness.

Winnn420

Houston, TX
Vehicle Model
Civic Si, NAV
Body Style
Coupe
I was going about 35-40...He was going at least 45, maybe a little faster, if he had broadsided me instead of the other way around I have no doubt I'd be in the hospital right now.

I'm feeling it in my neck and shoulders so far. I was in a major rollover years ago and the next day was by far much worse than the day of the accident, I couldn't even get out of bed.

PapiFlyy

well the springs will be here Monday...now I just need to buy another civic to install them on...airbags did a great job of protecting me, just a slightly injured wrist

live in longisland I see , I live in queens not too far

Sent from Flyy Network.