Cold car rattles...

zuckuss00

SoCal
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hey guys,

Bought a 2012 Civic Si a few weeks ago... Still getting use to the car. I'm enjoying it though, fun sporty and hopefully more reliable than my BMW was.

Anyways, I've noticed lately a lot of rattling/creaking noise coming from around the center console when the car is cold at night. It seems to only happen over rougher roads and when the car is first driven. Once the car warms up, the creaking tends to go away. I don't know if it's common on these cars or not...? Seems to me like movement of the transmission causing the noise maybe?

Anyone have something similar?

andre12dbsi

Gatineau, QC Canada
Vehicle Model
'15 Acura TLX SH-AWD Tech
Body Style
Sedan
The dash in my 12 was brutal in the cold. Same idea as yours. Really bad when it was cold and then not so bad once it warmed up.

It needs to be a bit colder to see if my '13 does the same. So far no noises. Fingers crossed.

ronesios

North Carolina
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I know it's been awhile since someone posted here but I'm experiencing the same issues on my 2012 Civic Si sedan. I noticed both my A-pillars (I believe that's the right term) on the sides of my dash are causing all the creaking sounds. I believe these pieces of plastic are covering airbags too. It sounds like the noises are coming from all the snap connections. The roads in my town are horrendous! I've been thinking about pulling them off and WD-40ing all the areas that rub. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

ronesios

North Carolina
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
foam tape or some type of padding is what you need in areas. wd40 is not going to stop the plastic from making noise when it's cold.
Awesome! Yeah, I wouldn't do the wd40 thing. Maybe a whole bunch of Armor all....jk. Thank you for your input!