Connecting phone to car

eric.schwartz.

Hey everyone I'm going to 2014 Civic Si and the new 2nd gen Moto X. Does anyone know how to connect the phone to Honda link navigation screenand near your phone screen to the 9 inch navigation screen or multimedia screen in the car? I've seen a lot of YouTube videos using Galaxy devices and iPhones but not the new Moto X. Was wondering if anyone in any idea. I bought a micro USB to HDMI input cable from amazon.com but it doesn't seem to directly work. Thanks for any advice.

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots

eric.schwartz.

Should be no different than the Samsung. The manual has step by step guides for pairing the phones and setting up Bluetooth. Honda's site is showing the moto x2 as not being supported by hondalink though. I'm guessing it will not work.

http://handsfreelink.com/Honda/en-U...erid=105&manufacturerid=104&showfeatures=true
Oh damn I was hoping I wouldn't hear that. Although I had a funny feeling considering I saw all Samsung Galaxy phones being supported the new HTC One and nine being supported and not my motorola phone. Well then, I guess that's the solution thank you for the input.

eric.schwartz.

The compatablility page shows what phones work with what vehicles...as well as what features. Maybe worth looking at if you haven't committed to the phone.
Haha no no I have the phone and it's not too too big of a deal, but I figured it would work thanks though. I wonder why it's not compatible with the Motorola be compatible with every other Android device out there.

eric.schwartz.

No clue. Newer android software or drivers in that phone maybe?
Mmm maybe. I don't know I just find it weird that's all oh well. Nothing I can do about it. Even if I complained the Honda Motor Company they probably won't even listen to my complaint lol and I already bought the Micro USB to HDMI cable at the same token haha

Monk

SW Virginia
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic EX
Body Style
Coupe FG3:ASM
Sorry to hear........ Guess it's like buying shoes, be sure they fit before buying...... Now we need to know if compatible before buying...Thx for the heads up.

eric.schwartz.

Sorry to hear........ Guess it's like buying shoes, be sure they fit before buying...... Now we need to know if compatible before buying...Thx for the heads up.
Haha yeah apparently so... Like you said, not too too big of a deal we can be alone like a book from amazon.com to find someone who has a civic si or a regular 2014 7 with a smartphone that's not an apple see if they want it for now it just goes into storage. I'm not going to return it back to Amazon because the shipping will probably outweigh the cost of the cable.