Corvette C8 Mid-Engine Info Leaked - Claims 850hp Twin Turbo

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Corvette C8 To Offer 850HP From Twin-Turbo V8, Leaked Doc Claims

According to a leaked document, a Corvette Forum user says the new Corvette C8 will come with three V8 engine options. Two new engines are described as a 4.2 liter and a 5.5 liter v8.

The new engines will be built at the Tonawanda plant and according to IHS Markit, the existing 6.2-liter V8 will be the main choice for the C8 with an average of 14,000 engines per year, from 2019 to 2021. The smaller 4.2-liter follows on their list with a projected production run of more than 7,000 engines per year, with the 5.5-liter having the smallest production numbers, at around 5,000 units per year.

Both the 4.2-liter and the 5.5-liter V8s are expected to be twin-turbocharged, with the leaked document also mentioning a “Cadillac Sports Car” which is going to use the smaller of the two engines. As for the actual power figures, the 5.5-liter V8 is expected to produce as much as 850hp and 720lb-ft of torque.

homegrown

Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FB6 Sedan
Great. Just what we need - another overpowered, impractical sports car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Staff

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots

homegrown

Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FB6 Sedan
Personally, I see no practical reason for any street-legal road vehicle to have more than about 400HP. Anything more is just an ego boosting contest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
Wonder how it handled in the snow.

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
Couldn't bring myself to driving my $100k plus vette in the snow.

I want a boosted vette so bad.

troublemecca

Couldn't bring myself to driving my $100k plus vette in the snow.

I want a boosted vette so bad.
New Z06 did a mean highway pass on me... Only had the sunroof open and it sounded like the sky was falling. My k24 felt... inadequate.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk