Dragon Chat, Pics and Videos thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonej4

Dou you guys think it would be worth it to trailer the e30 to Fontana? I would prefer to have it there, but I just don't know if I will feel up to driving it there.

Of course the other option is to drive the stock Si. I can't believe how much difference there is in body roll stock vs HFP.

Richard
E30, FA5

death_roll

Always
Vehicle Model
a happy face
hopefully I'll wind up with a BRZ, if anything changes I'll either look at some other rwd choices or just add some better tires & the gtworx bilstein kit to the wrx

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
What sort of speeds are we looking at on the dragon? is this like a maintained 40mph fast auto-x course?

KennyGS

How may I help?
Keystone State
I'm sure there must be videos posted from previous 8thcivic runs to watch, and get a feel for the speed. To be honest, I never really know how fast I'm going. You have a second or so to react to each turn. You just move with the group. The most time you have to see what's coming is on switchbacks.

I spent 98% of the time in 2nd gear in the Si, and on a few occasions came close to the 8600 rpm rev limiter on the reflashed motor. So whatever that translates to as a maximum speed, then...

Reactions: Nix

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Sweet! Good idea! Thanks Ken. I've watched Keiths 22 min vid earlier in this thread but his speedo was cutoff.

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
^^ that. In the si you can run the whole road in 2nd gear basically, or get into 3rd if you don't want to be at such high revs. Depending on how big the group is, and the amount of traffic on the road will also dictate the speeds. I think the posted speed limit is 35mph through most of it, but there are sharp turns that have require much lower speeds.

sonej4

What sort of speeds are we looking at on the dragon? is this like a maintained 40mph fast auto-x course?

Sweet! Good idea! Thanks Ken. I've watched Keiths 22 min vid earlier in this thread but his speedo was cutoff.
If you watch the night run it should give you a good idea of the speeds. Especially if you watch in hd.

Of course all runs were at or below posted speed limits.

Richard
E30, FA5

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots

Status
Not open for further replies.