Hello

07TLX

Somewhere in SEPA
Vehicle Model
Pontiac
Body Style
G8 GT
What a long arse day.....

Got the front struts assembled and in the car, got the drivers side rear done, passenger side rear is being a biotch and the lower shock bolt doesn't want to loosen at....snapped my 1/2 to 3/8 adapter in half and cracked 14mm socket....gonna cut that damn bolt out and replace it..... Front subframe was removed, lower motor mount pulled and filled, trans was removed and new clutch and flywheel installed in the nick of time, stock clutch was toast..... Trans is back in place after a hour or so of struggling..... On the list tomorrow......re install front axles, subframe, fill transmission back up with fluid, fill and bleed power steering, replace rotors and bleed brakes, subframe re-install and finish the suspension.....

Some pics more tomorrow...

07TLX

Somewhere in SEPA
Vehicle Model
Pontiac
Body Style
G8 GT
Sawzall is waiting to be used today.... Replace it with a grade 8 bolt and nut, and call it a day on the rear suspension... It was a Craftsman adapter and socket...

07TLX

Somewhere in SEPA
Vehicle Model
Pontiac
Body Style
G8 GT
Don't mind the crappy pics, IPad and poor lighting....

Car this AM

Filled the lower motor mount

Driver side rear suspension

Passenger side bolt from hell, grinder will be used soon....

Car should be finished sometime today, if she stops being a biotch..... Huge thanks to Jason (death_roll) for doing like 80+% of the work this weekend....

hey_mikey

Concord, NC
Vehicle Model
Accord Sport
Body Style
Sedan
A lot of techs use air tools to tighten those bolts (even though they're supposed to be torqued). That's why taking them off with hand tools leads to results like you have here. If you do a lot of work like that, it's worth it to invest in a compressor and an impact gun.

death_roll

Always
Vehicle Model
a happy face
I don't have a lift, air tools, or a torch, yet somehow I still manage to get the job done. The kicker was it wasn't the worst situation I've been in at that garage, I remember when my Prelude sat on jackstands for two weeks.

Nathan is on his way home right now, so hope he gets back safely and posts his overall impressions of the new parts.

hey_mikey

Concord, NC
Vehicle Model
Accord Sport
Body Style
Sedan
I don't have a lift, air tools, or a torch, yet somehow I still manage to get the job done. The kicker was it wasn't the worst situation I've been in at that garage, I remember when my Prelude sat on jackstands for two weeks.

Nathan is on his way home right now, so hope he gets back safely and posts his overall impressions of the new parts.

I used to do everything with hand tools, too, but once I got air tools, everything became so much easier and faster. This worth the investment in time and grief saved.

07TLX

Somewhere in SEPA
Vehicle Model
Pontiac
Body Style
G8 GT
I am home and the car feels much better, clutch is breaking in but the pedal still feels super light and the suspension was long overdue... Pics will come up soon, but it's raining

07TLX

Somewhere in SEPA
Vehicle Model
Pontiac
Body Style
G8 GT
It was pretty nasty coming home, but the Continental ExtremeContact DW's are amazing in the rain.... No hydroplaning even going thru a corner at 40+ mph...

I am also done working on cars for at least a month..... We didn't even to the rotors, we just had enough of the damn car fighting us every step of the way, get to it sometime next month...

death_roll

Always
Vehicle Model
a happy face
Damn high mileage cars :D

However my old 97 legacy (RIP), was never that difficult and it has double the miles and 10 years on Nathan's car.

07TLX

Somewhere in SEPA
Vehicle Model
Pontiac
Body Style
G8 GT
I think the people who first built my car and the tech who rebuilt the trans 100k miles ago where drunk and high.....

07TLX

Somewhere in SEPA
Vehicle Model
Pontiac
Body Style
G8 GT
A lot of techs use air tools to tighten those bolts (even though they're supposed to be torqued). That's why taking them off with hand tools leads to results like you have here. If you do a lot of work like that, it's worth it to invest in a compressor and an impact gun.

Stock suspension that has 120k miles on it and the drivers side was tight but came out with no problem, my car is possessed at times I think......