HID Projector Comparisons

dirtybird222

'
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
i think i can say mini H1 are without a doubt the cleanest cutoff.. who agrees?! :D
It may have the best cutoff but the one thing I noticed is that the foreground on it isn't as lit up at most the others. With that being said, looks like a great projector per $ spent. Fog lights can fix the foreground issue :)

Reactions: Nix

hotdogjohnny

USA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
So forgive me ahead of time for this, but how are these used? Do you open up the oem housings to place these or use some other method? It's not obvious to me where they would go.:confuzzled:

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Do you open up the oem housings to place these or use some other method?

That's exactly it. Open the housing and stick these in there. A couple of the guys who already ordered are probably going to be putting up DIY guides shortly. You can wait for one of those if you are unsure. There are other retrofit guides for the Mini H1 Projector that you can look up, but nothing 9th specific that I know of yet. They are all relatively similar.

Last edited:

austin1636

Gresham
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
sedan
That's exactly it. Open the housing and stick these in there. A couple of the guys who already ordered are probably going to be putting up DIY guides shortly. You can wait for one of those if you are unsure. There are other retrofit guides for the Mini H1 Projector that you can look up, but nothing 9th specific that I know of yet. They are all relatively similar.
i will have a VERY specific DIY up in the near future i just have to order the bulbs and ballast(and a few supplies here locally)

JAYBLS

Mini H1s do not have anywhere near as nice of a cutoff as FX projector with clear lenses. I speak from personal experience. They always seem to look great in pictures. They're good, especially for the money, but they don't hold a candle to the FXs I had in my EJ1.

Current Mini H1s

EJ1 with FX/clear lenses (OEM projectors with clear lenses, not FX-R replicas)

S54flexin

Hopefully I'm not threadjacking here, but has anyone put up any decent pics of the cutoff or light spread for the UAE civic projectors or even the UAE aftermarket ones?

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots

Rob Maust

PA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
so if I want 6k or 8k hids in my 9th gen si sedan, which ones would be the best and brightest ones I could get? like whats the whole set up ive never done this...

JAYBLS

so if I want 6k or 8k hids in my 9th gen si sedan, which ones would be the best and brightest ones I could get? like whats the whole set up ive never done this...
If you're planning on getting an HID kit without doing a projector retrofit, please, get the highest number color temperature you possibly can. 12000K or higher. If you're planning on doing a projector retrofit, don't go any higher than 5000K.

JAYBLS

Precisely. They're dim and won't blind oncoming traffic by using xenon bulbs in a housing designed for halogen.

Six_speed_demon

MID-ATL CREW (fort washington md)
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
sedan
I had tsx projector and I thought they put out more light than the FX? but those FX look damn good! That cut-off is Sexy! I do agree completely about the mini h1! They are nice for the money for Sure! But not the greatest

Rob Maust

PA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
i just want the brightest lights possible for best view with a little blue shine. so the dikweeds who high beam me get the picture im pissed. and so i can spot those deer. western pa and new york man... critters crawling everywhere!