lighting diagram

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
What are you trying to do that you need the diagram for all the wiring?

Frenck

Québec, Canada
Vehicle Model
SI
Body Style
Coupe
I what check for change all the setup, put some relay and make some modicfication. Im not trying to tap something but thanks for that an sorry for my english! :)

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
So you want HID kit for high beams, low beams, and fog lights?

HIDs are great in the Low beam but not for high beams.

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Also an HID bulb needs a few seconds to warm up before it is at full power. Trying to flash your high beams will be near impossible and put a lot of strain on the bulb itself. You could certainly pull the DRL fuse and just use the high beams only on that bulb, but again, usually you don't run your high beams for very long and the HID bulb might not perform how you need it to.

If you are just wanting the color of all the bulbs to match you can go with an LED bulb in the DRL/highbeam. The LEDs do not throw a lot of light so you basically "lose" your high beams but you get the same "color" as the low beam. Say you had 6k low beams and wanted the DRL/highs to look like 6k bulbs. You could pull the DRL fuse and drive around with your high beams on or get an LED bulb that looks like a 6k color temp.

Just another option.

Just installing an HID kit with the correct relay harness you will not have to tap or splice anything. It's all very plug and play and uses the stock wiring and controls. The harness plugs into the ballasts and those into the bulbs. The end of the harness plugs into the drivers side stock headlight wiring and then you connect a power cable directly to the battery and attach all the ground points. It's that easy. It looks complicated in online pictures but once you have the parts in hand and you can lay out all the connections and see how it all fits together one way it is a lot easier to understand.

Frenck

Québec, Canada
Vehicle Model
SI
Body Style
Coupe
I want the HID for the power of lightning not the color but thanks for the tip of the LED.

For the diagram i want see it if i can close the high beam for the day light and open the fog at this place. Second time when i open my high beam i want the fog stay on. I really need the electrical diagram for all the ligth for see if i can do something.

For the higt beam i understand the bulb need to be hot for have the full power you have another option or some remplacement bulb for true power ?

greene907

Alaska
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
so how does the DRL work with the hid's though, are they still only at reduced power until you flick the high beams on> then to 100% light output?

Last edited: