Low cost mods?

budurka29

Do not let this guy touch your car.

If he sands the headlights he is going to remove the factory UV coating and they will turn yellow and cloudy. Nothing aftermarket is as good as the factory stuff. Seriously get vinyl to tint them. It's easy to apply and their are tons of precut options even. Completely unnecessary to sand if he's just gonna spray with VHT nightshades anyway.

Wheels.... powdercoat them or use plastidip first.

If he wasn't wet sanding his paint.... ugh... I hate to think of what hes gonna do to your car. His sandpaper should have been dripping wet and other pieces sitting in a bucket of water if he was really sanding his clearcoat even. Unless it was recently painted he should seriously not even need to do that. Most paint defects in the surface clearcoat can be buffed out with an aggressive enough polish that is not even close to sandpaper. 1k grit is not even that fine either.

My bad he was wet sanding ! There was the bucket of water he had gloves on and the works really seemed like he knew wat he was talking about?

So no sand and vinyl wrap all lights and plastidip rims ?

Zackb911

Ok so while i was out checking my mail for my yellow fog tint i ran into a guy sanding his truck and sum how we got into talking about my car and he asked wat i was doing with it i said i want the rims done and headlights and taillightd smoked out and he said hell do all my rims and lights for $250 bucks ? Sound like a good deal? Also he said coil overs would be the best bet to lower my car with cause their adjustable so i can make it lower and still clear my apartment buildings god awful speed humps .. They legit are higher then shin

I'd stay far away from this guy... Nix is right do not sand the headlights, they have a UV coating you do NOT want to remove. Also tinting them is asking for trouble from cops, possible accidents and liability, decreased visibility , safety issues, etc.

Coilovers even though adjustable are still set it and forget it for pretty much everyone. Considering you don't have much money Eibach, H&R, etc would be a fraction of the price.

Again, stay away from that guy.

budurka29

Ok so iv been watching some plastidip videos ... And now i need a good solid color for my car any ideas?

I have the polished metal and i want a glossy look and black seems over rated :/

budurka29

So its final im going to home depot like right now gana pick up a few cans and test on my spare tire rim .. Any suggestions as far as type color glossifier and all that weird named things cleaners and what not

budurka29

So its final im going to home depot like right now gana pick up a few cans and test on my spare tire rim .. Any suggestions as far as type color glossifier and all that weird named things cleaners and what not

^^ just noticed how intelligent and descriptive that was ... Its ok im special :D

budurka29

My mail came!! Yellow vinyl tint for fog lights , 9th civic lanyard and random grab bag of stickers !

budurka29

Because mine has an "i vtec would it be stupid to put the sticker that says "my vtech goes BWAAAAHH!" Just because the i?

Modifier
Chicago
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I like funny ones and hell im not even 20 so i can be immature right i mean im not even a full legal grown up (21) xD
If you like them, slap them on!
Their very cheap and come off easily, so no harm done, you could always take them off later and not lose much

budurka29

If you like them, slap them on!
Their very cheap and come off easily, so no harm done, you could always take them off later and not lose much

Just my main concern was i dont care if i look immature but i dont wana look like an idiot with a "i vtec" car and a "vtec" sticker

NoMoreNissans

Ottawa, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Sedan
Just my main concern was i dont care if i look immature but i dont wana look like an idiot with a "i vtec" car and a "vtec" sticker
shouldnt be an issue. vtec is just a general term for any type of vtec system. doesnt matter if its sohc or dohc, an older version or the newer i-vtec

budurka29

shouldnt be an issue. vtec is just a general term for any type of vtec system. doesnt matter if its sohc or dohc, an older version or the newer i-vtec

Sweeeettt! Cause it does go "BWAAAAHH" hahaha and how do i take out my fog lights is it really just those 2 screws

budurka29

Ok so i need a instructional diy or video on how to remove the dash to get the the switch blanks im clueless and iv abused the hell outa google on my phone cant find a single thing on taking out the side panel of dash drivers side to get to blanks or how to get blanks out or really anything at all about the blanks ... Except i can order oem replacements for$ .83

-.- please help

bcurtis

South Carolina
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I've always felt that if you want a deep loud exhaust, you need 8 cylinders. Not even a 6 does it. That's why I only added a freeflowing air intake to augment the stock exhaust note on my '12 Si. Maybe there is a deep 4 cylinder sound out there, but I haven't heard it. For sure not on a streetable Honda. Not Magnaflow, not Skunk2, not even Borla. I take it back. My old BMW 2002 tii had an Ansa exhaust and it sounded great to me, but probably not as deep as I'm recalling. ymmv.

Te boxer motors from Subaru sounds pretty mean if you ask me, but god the are horribly unreliable when you put a fat turbo on them.

NA is where it's at!

budurka29

They were "pre cut" but not exact fit" as long as no white shows threw at night idc

budurka29

And i thought these were stickers ? No there legit decals ... Never used decals before and i have no idea how to take one off