May 21, 2011 - END OF THE WORLD ???

CivicDew

Southern Ohio
Okay, lets get crazy. For those of you who haven't heard, this Saturday will be the end of the world. I thought it was going to be December 21, 2012, but apparently others have different predictions. :rotfl:

http://www.lamblion.com/articles/articles.php

http://www.wecanknow.com/

Harold Camping, a preacher of a radio call-in show, and known by many Christian groups as a false prophet has made a prediction of the day of rapture. May 21, 2011 is believed to be the day in which God takes his believers into heaven to escape the wrath of the evil Anti-Christ.

The rapture is a 'Judgment Day' however it is not "The Judgment Day" in the bible where everyone is judged according to their sins, beliefs, and good acts.

2 Peter 3:10 "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."

So how could Camping know what day is rapture? Camping has said that he used numbers in the Bible to predict the day of the coming arrival. They believe that Christ will come 7000 years after the 'Great Flood.'

There are various beliefs about the rapture. There is a Pre-tribulation, a mid-tribulation, and a post tribulation theory. The tribulation is a period of seven years where God will judge the Earth and all who inhabit it.

This is not the first time Harold Camping, 88, has made a prediction. He published a book in 1992 titled 1994?

The press is having a field day playing this day up to the hilt in preparation for making fun of them when their date proves false. The result, of course, is that Bible prophecy is subjected to ridicule. Despite the fact that he was proved to be a false prophet in 1994, Camping has convinced many people of the validity of his new date."

http://www.may-212011.com/

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Matthew 24:36
But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only

===
a way to sell books. They plan on changing the date, or going into hiding after this fails?

Nomar06

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Fiesta ST (FiST)
Body Style
hatch
that guy is a D-bag.....I don't think he has ever ordered the correct part for me. ok, maybe once when I ordered a VC gasket. Can't get that wrong since there is only 1, lol

SOLO8thGenSi

Clermont, FL
Vehicle Model
2007 Civic 4DR Si SC/AC
so much to do, so little time.......... supposedly :rolleyes:

whaaaaat?!? don't have that smiley either. Liz we need to band together and petition for our smileys back! :rantsmiley:

edit: nevermind i found it. :roll eyes: not :rollseyes: pluralization fail.

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
just saw this

SOLO8thGenSi

Clermont, FL
Vehicle Model
2007 Civic 4DR Si SC/AC
yeah speaking of... i follow a couple celebs on Twitter and one mentioned (Katy Perry) she is in Japan on tour and it's already 5/21/11 there and no Apocalypse to speak of... lol!!!!