Moddication Shift knob

Dar-Dar

Mordorator
North NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Fiji Blue Pearl Coupe Coolest Member Since: May 15, 2011
I agree. TWM wants almost $20 to ship just the retainer by itself. Amazing. I think, with your help, I just talked myself out of this. Long live the Anvil.

You're very welcome. When a company charges over $700 for lug nuts (w/o shipping), I knew something was up with TWM. Lol. Does the stock retainer not clear the countersunk shift knobs like the Anvil?

WhiteWillie

NW Houston, TX
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
No. With the stock retainer in place, the Anvil threads will not even engage the threads on the shift rod. You must remove the part that meets the stock knob, i.e., the part with the nut on it, before the Anvil can be mounted.

Last edited:

Dar-Dar

Mordorator
North NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Fiji Blue Pearl Coupe Coolest Member Since: May 15, 2011
Ah, okay. There's actually a member here who used a dremel to cut or sand down the two studs that limits the retainer from sliding down the shift lever. If anything, you can cut those two studs and use a zip tie as a new guide to limit the retainer from going down the shift lever.

blue rocket

Unique Starts Here.
CT
Just an FYI, we'll be offering a new version of our Galaxy shift knob (limited knob from a few years back). Simple stainless steel knob in machined finish 1.9" wide and over 1 lb! Should retail for around $60 - $65 and will be stunning. We're working on coming up with some new shift knobs designs this year, so keep watching our facebook (www.facebook.com/grfxp) or instagram @grfxp for pics and teasers!

Last edited by a moderator: