Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
5k for the swap minimum. Not to mention fixin up all the bushings and other bs on the car that’s 20+ years old. Then build an engine to your liking. Then the turbo kit. And depending whether or not u are doing the work yourself. 15k minimum for a decent build. Not doing the work yourself why bother. But you will smoke anyone out there depending whether or not u got a traction control kit which is another $500.

I’m going through this right now except b series. Ain’t cheap boys.

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
8k. Haha

sunofwolf

Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
dam those srt-4 are so fast with cheap parts. I hit like 86MPH on half boost in 1/8 mile. less than 10pds. I did hit 21pds also ay 50mph and was burning rubber. The car is a bit lighter than a SI. I kind of wish, I didn't sell .:flame: Well the vfr 800 is faster and does high 10's- just did a full oil change 10-40 Castrol racing oil synthetic with extra large platinum oil filter. I put just 850 miles on the last oil change and look how black it is, must be those high rpm's. It have a 520 racing chain and 2'sbos real carbon jungle drum muffler and a super light weight racing battery-its like 3pounds. I have also brand new Michelin road 5 on. It's very tricky to get the right amount of oil in the vfr- 3.3qts- a little more due to the extra large oil filter.
A cop sold me the vfr 800 about 4 years ago and the back light had rubber all over it. The oil change showed the oil was fine-normal dark color-I was more worried that I may have some water in it due to sitting for months over winter-it actually looks excellent and could have gone more miles with zero engine wear. My feeling is change early and often-oil is cheap compared to a engine.

Attachments

• DSC00315.JPG
    DSC00315.JPG
    351.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
Damn I haven’t been on Honda tech in years. I think I started my account there in 05. I gotta dig and find some of my old builds.

Nomar06

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Fiesta ST (FiST)
Body Style
hatch
5k for the swap minimum. Not to mention fixin up all the bushings and other bs on the car that’s 20+ years old. Then build an engine to your liking. Then the turbo kit. And depending whether or not u are doing the work yourself. 15k minimum for a decent build. Not doing the work yourself why bother. But you will smoke anyone out there depending whether or not u got a traction control kit which is another $500.

I’m going through this right now except b series. Ain’t cheap boys.

I figured at least $10k....

Still way cheaper than a new Type R, lol.

the future wifey would approve of a Type R purchase....not sure she would a approve a bare bones project car. Maybe if I can carry the dogs....she might :nerd:

bauer311

Fayetteville, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I figured at least $10k....

Still way cheaper than a new Type R, lol.

the future wifey would approve of a Type R purchase....not sure she would a approve a bare bones project car. Maybe if I can carry the dogs....she might :nerd:
It took me 13 years to get my wife to approve a project car, hopefully you're a better negitiator than me, lol.

Gitrdone42

Boiling Springs
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
sedan
Today was a long exhausting day. My brothers and me had to clean out my dad's house out and holy hell it was a job. Filled up about 40 cubic yards of trash and junk. Luckily it's done now and will be sold next Thursday.

bauer311

Fayetteville, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
My buddy out in Colorado springs sent me a message about my old em1 clone being up for sale as a shell, lol. $1500, the guy didn't change a thing with the body, interior or wheels since he bought it from me.