Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

fahnix

SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I'm actually excited for electric vehicles. Imagine how much horsepower a *commuter* class car will have in like the next decade with this sorta tech.

SO YEAH, WHERE'S THE HONDA E?!

My only fear is what this does to the "economical" vehicle. I don't see electric vehicle tech being priced for the lower income consumer market.

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Battery tech is a big part of the equation. If this comes to market, it could be a game changer in time.

=====

Reuters reports that Tesla and CATL have been working on and will announce a new low-cost battery. This battery is expected to be officially unveiled at Tesla's Battery Day event, which CEO Elon Musk has announced will happen at the end of May in either California or Texas. The new batteries are supposed to last for one million miles and make it possible for Tesla to sell cars at the same cost as gasoline-powered counterparts.

The Model 3 in China will be the first vehicle to receive the battery technology. Eventually, the higher density, lower-cost battery will make its way into other Tesla vehicles in other markets including the United States, according to sources cited by Reuters.

In February, Reuters reported that Tesla was in talks to use CATL's lithium-iron-phosphate batteries that don't use cobalt, which is the most expensive element in today's EV batteries. CATL has also created a less expensive and simpler battery packaging scheme called cell-to-pack that reduces weight and cost. Put all that together with the advances in power density, and you get a cheaper battery with the same range at a cost that's near $100 per kWh. That’s the price point many believe will be the point where EVs cost the same as gas cars.

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
A friend of mine was selected by Tesla to test some of there home batteries out in Valley Center. He always says it’s gonna be a game changer and dudes pretty hard to please.

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
Transmission grenades on the way to mammoth. Cars stuck in bishop. What a day.

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
Yup. My fill plug backed out and all my fluid came out. Sounds like a box of marbles but I can still shift it into all gears. Gonna try and get a plug and refill it and hopefully limp it up to June to my buddies house
So heartbroken right now. 7425BB7F-300A-408A-B462-815B91F43B61.jpeg My cars covered in tranny fluid.

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
my ex gf lives in bishop with her cousin. two hotties. want me to put a good word in?

your awesome man. And yes haha.

My mind spinning right now. I’m not sure what to do. Stuck 300 miles away from my house.

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
Yea. I’m thinking I forgot to tighten it. I’m such a ****** idiot. I’m trying to be optimistic but even rolling it in neutral u can hear the chunks.

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
Yea he is. I’m leaving it in the parking lot. I thought something with my oil system fell out then I started hearing a loud whine and I knew. I stopped after I heard something fly under my car and saw oil and smelt it. Smelled like royal purple. Checked my oil it was fine. Then a gnarly smell filled my cabin and recognized it right away. Tranny’s done webby. It’s gonna have to be rebuilt.

Honda-Fan

Dallas, Texas
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Coupe
Holy crap! Are you okay, Ron? :eek:

I mean, I know you're not hurt-- but...like...were you able to find some place to crash for the night?

bootyluvr

Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
2015 Honda Accord EX-L V6
Morning. :wave:

Sorry @ron v :bighug:

Busy day yesterday helping my buddy move. 12pm-7pm without stopping. 2 trips to the storage unit with the uHaul truck + 1 trip to his parents place with the uHaul truck. Also doing this through some bad thunderstorms. (50mph wind gusts)

Edit: Not going to be on here much today. Going to be a busy day at work then washing the STi after work to make her clean for the potential buyer tomorrow :)

fahnix

SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Damn dude. That really sucks. Hope it's not too much of a hassle getting it somewhere safe. On the bright side, now you can just go ahead and rebuild for boost right?? :eyebrows:

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
Thanks for the love homies. I drank a bunch a beer last night and woke up with a panic attack. So grateful I have gangster *** friends. My buddy picked me up last night and drove me to june lake. At 12 at night. What a g. Like an 80 mile drive. My dads gonna cruise up with a truck on Saturday and I’m gonna rent a U-Haul trailer and tow it back. Also have a homie in bishop who is gonna tow my car to his house till I pick the car up.