New ride! It’s turbo, it is a civic? Maybe....

How long till the next car is purchased?????

• 1 week

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 2 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 weeks

• 1 month

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 2 months

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • 3 months

• 4-5months

• 6-8 months

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 8 months to 1 yr ...cmon guys

• 1yr+ ..why is this even here

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

r18-power

FL
Vehicle Model
Focus ST
Body Style
Hatchback
Not really...... So after going back and forth on what car I was going to get after driving an Evo, wrx, GTI, RS. I felt like my new 2017 Focus St2 was the right fit for me specially for a daily.. sooo here she is! Of course mods will come within the new year!

Sorry for the crappy pics Ill get better ones today!

977EE024-EF03-4E40-991C-6162E0FD400A.jpeg 0CA00BEB-A5C5-4492-BBFE-D65D4EBC825F.jpeg 70F6BC98-8C91-4FEC-863E-606B2EBB2015.jpeg

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
My buddy’s is stock and it’s pretty fun. He refuses to venture away from stock but I’m sure a few mods will open that thing up. Nice ride man.

k757

CT
Congrats! :)

@k757 and @Nomar06 have Fiesta ST's. They enjoy them. I know yours is a Focus ST. Just saying :P
Nice car.
Youll be tempted to tune it. I recommend that you do not. Not much good comes from it. I do recommend lighter wheels.

Pic is me:

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

r18-power

FL
Vehicle Model
Focus ST
Body Style
Hatchback
Congrats! :)

@k757 and @Nomar06 have Fiesta ST's. They enjoy them. I know yours is a Focus ST. Just saying :P

Thanks! Yeah its a pretty fun car!

Looks nice. The more car parts the better :-D

Yes! I don’t want to go too crazy though, I do want coils and maybe some wheels for now.

Well congrats on the new ride!

Thank you!

My buddy’s is stock and it’s pretty fun. He refuses to venture away from stock but I’m sure a few mods will open that thing up. Nice ride man.

Yeah its pretty fun as is but I do want some mods but I need to learn about these car’s a little more. Thank you!

congrats on the new ride.

Nice car.
Youll be tempted to tune it. I recommend that you do not. Not much good comes from it. I do recommend lighter wheels.

Pic is me:

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Looks great! And really? What do you mean by that? I do want just bolts (intake, dp and exhaust) What about an off the shelf tune from cobb? I know that the stratified tune has the most blown up engines so I don’t want to go with them.

Nomar06

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Fiesta ST (FiST)
Body Style
hatch
Congrats.....gimme your seats!!!! Haha

Just installed a Cobb rear motor mount this weeekend. Should look into that and see if it’s a “big issue” like it is in the FiST.

r18-power

FL
Vehicle Model
Focus ST
Body Style
Hatchback
Congrats.....gimme your seats!!!! Haha

Just installed a Cobb rear motor mount this weeekend. Should look into that and see if it’s a “big issue” like it is in the FiST.

Never!! Lol that’s why I went with the St2 seats are actually pretty comfortable!

Yeah I haven’t really gotten on it yet but I have heard the RMM is needed for the wheel hop. Any mods on yours besides the mount? Also any info you might know about bolt ons and tune? Ive also heard you can do intake dp and exhaust with the factory tune with no issues? So far from what I’ve been reading it makes me only want the green filter (which I already ordered) and a catback and just call it a day.

Nomar06

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Fiesta ST (FiST)
Body Style
hatch
Never!! Lol that’s why I went with the St2 seats are actually pretty comfortable!

Yeah I haven’t really gotten on it yet but I have heard the RMM is needed for the wheel hop. Any mods on yours besides the mount? Also any info you might know about bolt ons and tune? Ive also heard you can do intake dp and exhaust with the factory tune with no issues? So far from what I’ve been reading it makes me only want the green filter (which I already ordered) and a catback and just call it a day.

The RMM helps for wheel hop but in the FiST is mainly due to the stock mount not being able to handle the added TQ. Ford cheaped out and used the same mount across all versions of the Fiesta. So the engine moves a lot on the ST. Think it’s the same in the FoST but not sure.

Haven’t researched the FoST mods but in the FiST the panel filters and exhaust are mainly noise makers unless you add a DP, intercooler and tunning.

I’m keeping it as stock as possible, got too many other things I’d rather spend cash on. But the RMM was kinda a must. Looking at doing a short shifter and maybe a oil catch can. Maybe a filter for shits and giggle and #turbonoises....lol. Thats about it. Lighter wheels and better tires would be nice but way down the road.

r18-power

FL
Vehicle Model
Focus ST
Body Style
Hatchback
The RMM helps for wheel hop but in the FiST is mainly due to the stock mount not being able to handle the added TQ. Ford cheaped out and used the same mount across all versions of the Fiesta. So the engine moves a lot on the ST. Think it’s the same in the FoST but not sure.

Haven’t researched the FoST mods but in the FiST the panel filters and exhaust are mainly noise makers unless you add a DP, intercooler and tunning.

I’m keeping it as stock as possible, got too many other things I’d rather spend cash on. But the RMM was kinda a must. Looking at doing a short shifter and maybe a oil catch can. Maybe a filter for shits and giggle and #turbonoises....lol. Thats about it. Lighter wheels and better tires would be nice but way down the road.

I think is the same also, I will find out once the brake in period is over lol. I’ve heard similar mods on the FoST, I know a better intercooler is a great purchase, I may look into that, also on the foST forum people said I dont need a tune with basic bolts on, of course it would run better (more power) but its not needed like the civic si unless I go big turbo.

So far I’ve ordered
smoked reverse tail light tint
Yellow fog light bulbs
Green high flow filter
Boomba Bov (yes for shits and giggles lol might remove it though we’ll see)
Boomba wing risers
Black and red ford emblem overlays
Phillips LED reverse lights

Congrats on the new car! I too really like those seats.

Thank you! Yes they’re very comfortable also!

Nomar06

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Fiesta ST (FiST)
Body Style
hatch
I'm on the fence with the wing risers. That gap that it creates on the front would drive me nuts. There is a company that does a wing extension on the rear edge.....might go that route.

r18-power

FL
Vehicle Model
Focus ST
Body Style
Hatchback
:thumbsup:

PS: Shouldn't this thread be in the build thread sub-forum? ya n00b :P

Lol I didn’t mean for it to turn into a build thread but ok I fine with it!

It is now

Thanky you!

I'm on the fence with the wing risers. That gap that it creates on the front would drive me nuts. There is a company that does a wing extension on the rear edge.....might go that route.

They’re not that bad, it actually makes the rear look more aggressive. Worst case you can take them off and sale them.

A got a couple of things done today

-Green filter (@Nomar06 you should get one ) turbo noises alone from this sound sweet and loud
-Boomba Bov (pain in the butt to install due to the tight spot, also It’s not as annoying sound as I thought it would be) sounds pretty nice and loud!

Im pretty happy with the current mods and with the car overall so far!

513167E0-83D2-4679-A840-C383FD2836C3.jpeg C62BC683-F240-4F22-AFAD-F9671589F209.jpeg

r18-power

FL
Vehicle Model
Focus ST
Body Style
Hatchback
I know, its crazy. I made sure to read alot on it before buying everything, and I also asked the guys on the ST forum, heck they said I can run a stage 3 package on the stock tune, the power gains won’t be as much as with a tune but it will feel better, they said that it only really needs a tune if I go big turbo. Either way Im going to get a catback exhaust and then later on a cobb accessport with a cobb intercooler because the stock on sucks and also to take real advantage of the bolt ons.