Next iphone rumored to be on sprint and tmobile

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Forbes reports on a new research note from Jeffries & Co. analyst Peter Misek claiming that Apple's next-generation iPhone will be a relatively minor revamp known as the "iPhone 4S" and will debut in September. Misek also claims that Apple will be expanding carrier availability in the U.S. to include Sprint and T-Mobile by the end of the year, with China Mobile also reportedly coming on board.

"According to our industry checks, the device should be called iPhone 4S and include minor cosmetic changes, better cameras, A5 dual-core processor, and HSPA+ support," he writes in a research note.

But he also says that "industry checks indicate Apple will likely announce Sprint, T-Mobile, and China Mobile as new carriers."

The "iPhone 4S" name first gained publicity last month in claims that Apple has been providing select high-level iOS developers with souped-up iPhone 4 devices, with the source citing an unofficial name of "iPhone 4S" for the device.

Misek's report goes on to note that the next-generation iPhone is not likely to bring compatibility with faster LTE 4G networks rolling out in some markets, as the required chipsets from Qualcomm are not yet available in quantity to support the inclusion of the technology.

As for LTE, he says the Qualcomm LTE chipset Apple would have used "is currently not achieving yields sufficient for inclusion in the iPhone 5." He says Apple had hoped to have the LTE chipsets ready, but was planning a version without LTE called iPhone 4S.

The claim regarding a lack of LTE compatibility in the next-generation iPhone fits with earlier reports that the required chipsets won't be available to make their way into handsets until 2012.

wanga

Northern NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
LTE iPhone would be great to have.. gonna stick with the 4 till an LTE one comes out.

SOLO8thGenSi

Clermont, FL
Vehicle Model
2007 Civic 4DR Si SC/AC
funny how they mention the iPhone 4S will be on T-Mobile... lol b/c that will eventually be absorbed by AT&T likely. in which case, it's just Sprint. does that also mean that Verizon is getting the iPhone shaft this go around? :scratches:

Nomar06

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Fiesta ST (FiST)
Body Style
hatch
He says Apple had hoped to have the LTE chipsets ready, but was planning a version without LTE called iPhone 4S.

Meaning this is a way to get more money from they crazy fanatical owners. Lets give them something new to buy now and then throw something out there again shortly after that they will also buy.

• Staff

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
tmobile / att deal is far from done. It could be quite a long time till the two are together.... IF approved by the government. ATT is confident it'll go through, but has offered up 6 billion dollars to tmobile if the deal fails.

So, the iphone being on verizon, sprint, tmobile, and ATT this summer would be pretty big for apple

======
If AT&T's acquisition of T-Mobile USA is rejected by federal regulators, the former will need to pay a hefty sum to Deutsche Telekom for all the trouble, according to Reuters.

Citing anonymous sources, the news service reported yesterday that AT&T would need to pay $6 billion, including $3 billion in cash, to T-Mobile USA's parent company if the deal falls through. That figure would also reportedly include giving Deutsche Telekom $2 billion in spectrum and $1 billion in a "roaming agreement," Reuters says.
=====

SOLO8thGenSi

Clermont, FL
Vehicle Model
2007 Civic 4DR Si SC/AC
ouch, that would indeed suck for AT&T. i just want the two to merge in the hopes my freaking signal would go UP everywhere and my dropped calls would go DOWN, respectively.

definitely annoyed. Cingular was NEVER like this. and yes, i know all the data wh0ring of fellow iPhone users such as myself are to blame generally.

wanga

Northern NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
ouch, that would indeed suck for AT&T. i just want the two to merge in the hopes my freaking signal would go UP everywhere and my dropped calls would go DOWN, respectively.

definitely annoyed. Cingular was NEVER like this. and yes, i know all the data wh0ring of fellow iPhone users such as myself are to blame generally.
Cingular was already AT&T just not by name.. what changed was their practices after the iPhone going to them that f'ed everything up.

SOLO8thGenSi

Clermont, FL
Vehicle Model
2007 Civic 4DR Si SC/AC
yeah i hear ya... i'm just referring to the days back when Cingular and AT&T were their own entities.

Cingular bailed AT&T out when they were about to flop... then whatever happened that caused shares to change hands/ownership caused AT&Ts buyout of Cingular which changed their name. i'm just saying that back when it was Cingular (like 2002 when i signed my very 1st cell phone contract w/ them), there were no issues. iPhone was only a distant theory or thought at this time. there was no issue of dropped calls, cell signals being weak or in/out, etc... i miss the simpler times in life. but i digress..... :p

wanga

Northern NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
yeah i hear ya... i'm just referring to the days back when Cingular and AT&T were their own entities.

Cingular bailed AT&T out when they were about to flop... then whatever happened that caused shares to change hands/ownership caused AT&Ts buyout of Cingular which changed their name. i'm just saying that back when it was Cingular (like 2002 when i signed my very 1st cell phone contract w/ them), there were no issues. iPhone was only a distant theory or thought at this time. there was no issue of dropped calls, cell signals being weak or in/out, etc... i miss the simpler times in life. but i digress..... :p

Cingular used to be awesome, I remember when they finally had service in NY we had an account with them for ever.. my parents just left AT&T this year.

dentrecords

Polar Bear
Vip Member
I skipped the iPhone 4, but if there is dual core in the next one, it may be worthwhile. I suppose I'm not a fanatic, but as I geek I do appreciate stuff like that.

SOLO8thGenSi

Clermont, FL
Vehicle Model
2007 Civic 4DR Si SC/AC
i'm NOT a fanatic either Matt. i have owned 3 iPhones but i made my money on upgrading them each time AND i don't own any single other Apple product that i am aware of.

02civicsi

i'm NOT a fanatic either Matt. i have owned 3 iPhones but i made my money on upgrading them each time AND i don't own any single other Apple product that i am aware of.

Denial is the first sign & not yet. Your home already has converted one Apple product hater & you're already on your way to being a Mac-head. Take away your precious for a day & see how "happy" you are then.

I tried to print out a simple document today off a Mac& it toatlly f#cked that up. Printed from a PC & it was just fine & I made made no chnages to the document.

02civicsi

There are fanatics no matter what but the Mac-heads are just over the top. Who flung do, great you have the whatever the f#ck. I will give great amounts of credit to the people who run the advertising department @ Apple for instilling that need Mac-heads have for their products, it's pure genius.

dentrecords

Polar Bear
Vip Member
Back to the topic about different carriers for the updated phone... I suppose updating/upgrading a phone once a year is unreasonable in the tech world too :rotfl:

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
I know plenty of people who ditch their phones yearly. They pay the fee to switch, and sell their previous iphones on ebay/craigslist for a decent amount. Heck, there are ipones multiple generations back fetching a couple hundred on craigslist.