Photos Official Lowered Sedan Pics Thread.. :)

bdh63

Greensboro, NC
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan
Sorry to do this to you but this thread is 80 pages now. What springs and whose bump stops are you using? If it's eibach prokit, the fronts use the oem bump stops. They would like tyou to replce the rears with the ones in the kit, but it's a real pain to cut open your rear shocks to put theirs in. Not worth it at all imho.

Yes I was referring to eibach pro kit springs which I had originally posted about when asking about noise coming from the front when turning only a few posts back.

Yes you are correct eibach pro kit springs use the oem bump stops up front. From researching other sites especially 8th gen sites, it was stated that the front oem bump stops may cause creaking up front and may need to be trimmed. I was asking if anyone had any luck with this or even had the problem to begin with.

As for the rear bump stops on the eibach pro kit. They are a breeze to swap out. No cutting needed. All you need is a drill to drill out the little notch on the metal piece that holds the plastic sleeve on. And since eibach included them in the packaging I would assume they are worth the 8 minutes it took to install them.

hotdogjohnny

USA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
^^^ Mine were a pita. And if you trim the oem bumps up front, they will disintegrate because of opening the cell structure of the stop. That's not me, that's eibach's development people talking. Thank you for your insight on the rear shocks. That should help others here!

Last edited:

Pauly99to17

Ville de Quebec
Vehicle Model
2012 LX
Body Style
Dyno Blue Pearl Sedan (FB2)
Man.....I have been waiting so long to buy springs because i did not want to buy and then have any issues. I was ready to buy them within The month, but will put that on hold until I understand this problem perfectly clearly. I've never had lowering springs on a car before, so am leery of problems. Are any there photos of the mods that must be done to the "bump stops" to ensure they are squeak free.

One thing I don't understand is Why would Eibach make them that way and send them out to us like that if they need to be modded so that they work well???

Last edited:

hotdogjohnny

USA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Man.....I have been waiting so long to buy springs because i did not want to buy and then have any issues. I was ready to buy them within The month, but will put that on hold until I understand this problem perfectly clearly. I've never had lowering springs on a car before, so am leery of problems. Are any there photos of the mods that must be done to the "bump stops" to ensure they are squeak free.

One thing I don't understand is Why would Eibach make them that way and send them out to us like that if they need to be modded so that they work well???
The head of eibach's development group had a horrible MC crash a while back, and the place was rudderless without him while they went to roll out the 9th gen springs. That's why the sportlines took so long.

Do not modify the oem bump stops. And don't apply 8th gen advice to 9th gen shocks in this case. And if they said cut the bump stops at 8th gen, it was bad advice for the 8th gen too. If you cut the stops, you will open up the cell structure of the stop and they will disintegrate. I suggest that you call eibach and talk to their support people with your concerns. They are very helpful. I have spoken to Dave, tech support several times, not recently though.

Last edited:

jnastii

im back =D

hotdogjohnny

USA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Anybody have creaking or popping while turning at low speeds? Usually when parking or any time you have to turn the wheel all the way? Ive been on eibach prokit spings on my lx for a while now and this just doesn't seem to go away.
You installed the fronts improperly. Take them out and do them again, and take your time. You didn't cut the bump stops, did you? :thumbsup:

Last edited:

GSquared

Boca Raton, Florida
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Can't wait to be a part of this thread! Planning on getting Tein Coilovers and some rear camber arms with my tax return when it gets here! :woowoo:

So many good looking sedans in here! :dance:

hotshot

I've got road magnets and I'm getting the popping sound too. I also cut the bump stops, but I swore I followed the instructions to the letter.

hotdogjohnny

USA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Cut at least 1" to 1.5" of the bump stops.
I would not cut the bump stops. I have this setup and did not cut the oem bump stops. Why? Because eibach said not to . . . when I spoke to them . . . on the telephone . . . from the installer's shop . . . with my car on the lift and the front shocks apart and the rear shocks out of the car. I have no noise, no problems, based on the actual, real-time, personal advice of the people at eibach who designed these springs.

But why listen to them, when you can just cut the bump stops because it sounds like great info, right?

I don't have a stake in this, so let's use the bump-stop cutting crew as a control group, to see which is better over time. Time will tell. Who knows, eibach could be wrong about its own product.

Last edited: