Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Modifier
Chicago
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I know right! Hopefully it's not a headache progress. I don't feel like showing off and being nasty. I just want what I paid for that's all. So they should respond tomorrow sometimes. Do you have a idea on where the right one goes?
I'm not sure...I replaced my inside lights with LEDs but they changed all the interior bulbs on the 13's.
Maybe someone with a 13 could chime in?

bobshur

Atlanta
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic si
Body Style
Coupe
Got my rims from powder coating,got new tires mounted, put them on car,and am simply loving them,I put stock center caps on and kinda like it,but I have black with silver overlays coming Friday.im going to tape one on the front and decide what looks better.hoping to get appointment pushed up to Tomorrow morning for the aero kit.Te rims came out so sweet,super high glossy.

Reactions: Nix

bobshur

Atlanta
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic si
Body Style
Coupe
This is probably more for me but I don't like things sliding around in the trunk, and I often need a good flashlight at night. I bought some Maglite mounting clips and installed them into the decklid. There's a brace about 1 1/2" from the actual decklid that I drilled pilot holes into, then marked and drilled out the holes in the carpeted deck cover so I could find the holes. Took about 5 minutes to do.

View attachment 23651
Funny mine just rolls around in the back on the floor,it drives me up a damn wall,nice idea!

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Well Kplayground only sent me 2 LEDs so I'm missing 3 of them. They sent this

Which I'm sure the one on the left is for the interior dome or the license plate light. Now that one of the right I don't know where that goes. But that's all they sent me. So I'm waiting on response from them about it.

I've never messed with interior LEDs before. Maybe Pauly99to17 AlienPrime or ADExternal knows what bulbs those are, as they've done more with lighting stuff.

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
bobshur - pics? You can't just tell us you got the wheels back from powder coat and not show em!

ADExternal

Lvl: 99 Modifier
Houston, Tx
Vehicle Model
Civic Ex
Body Style
Coupe
I've never messed with interior LEDs before. Maybe Pauly99to17 AlienPrime or ADExternal knows what bulbs those are, as they've done more with lighting stuff.

The one on the left is 3175 LED Bulb, the right is 168/194 LED Bulb. Left is for the dome, right is for license. There should be addition 2 more left side LEDs for the driver/passenger dome light.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlienPrime

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si HFP
Body Style
2 door Coupe
The one on the left is 3175 LED Bulb, the right is 168/194 LED Bulb. Left is for the dome, right is for license. There should be addition 2 more left side LEDs for the driver/passenger dome light.
yep exactly. these are T10's (194 etc)

all 2013's have t10 dome lights (which sucks compared to festoons but whatever) swap em and it works fine :D

Six_speed_demon

MID-ATL CREW (fort washington md)
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
sedan

ok thanks!!! i figured the left one was for the dome. but other is different and i now know its for the license but i should have 2 more left ones and one more right correct? ADExternal

yep exactly. these are T10's (194 etc)

all 2013's have t10 dome lights (which sucks compared to festoons but whatever) swap em and it works fine :D

the 13s license plates are completely different than i have ever seen. all of the leds in the past i have swap to were all like the left one. but it does give off the same light right? AlienPrime

AlienPrime

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si HFP
Body Style
2 door Coupe
ok thanks!!! i figured the left one was for the dome. but other is different and i now know its for the license but i should have 2 more left ones and one more right correct? ADExternal

the 13s license plates are completely different than i have ever seen. all of the leds in the past i have swap to were all like the left one. but it does give off the same light right? AlienPrime
actually smd count is lower usually but no biggie. and yeah in 2013s we needed to take out the trunk liner and whatnot :)

Six_speed_demon

MID-ATL CREW (fort washington md)
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
sedan
lol yeah my friends 2013 si sedan had to take out trunk liner lol don't worry it;s easy but be careful with the clips :D

Well I get around to it this weekend I guess! I swear I went to installed the HID's and looked where the damn low beams bulbs were and said well damn how are you suppose to get to that without taking out tons of stuff or removing the front bumper. #Fail

Dar-Dar

Mordorator
North NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Fiji Blue Pearl Coupe Coolest Member Since: May 15, 2011
Well I get around to it this weekend I guess! I swear I went to installed the HID's and looked where the damn low beams bulbs were and said well damn how are you suppose to get to that without taking out tons of stuff or removing the front bumper. #Fail

Lol. It's the same case with your 8thgen.

bobshur

Atlanta
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic si
Body Style
Coupe
bobshur - pics? You can't just tell us you got the wheels back from powder coat and not show em!
I will have pics up ( it's all finished) when we get some sun,everything came out exactly how I visioned it would,the rims are like a mirror gloss black,the guys at tire rack fell in love with them.i ended up painting new badges with a gloss black enamel with primer built in,they look almost like the rims,I put the stock center caps on,it looks kinda nice,but I got black with silver h and outline coming tomorrow.so I'm up in the air with those. The eibach sways are amazing,the billet pro ss,is amazing! So glad I did it all at once,got the alpine coming next week and I may get the tinted rear taillights,and typhoon CAI but probably not right away.

Reactions: Nix

Dar-Dar

Mordorator
North NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Fiji Blue Pearl Coupe Coolest Member Since: May 15, 2011
Hell no it wasn't! I did the install with the bumper and batter in the car it was tight but doable. This looks crazy on the 13s. All the pics I've see ppl have the bumper off to do it. Lol

I could't do it on my FG2. I didn't take off the bumper but I had to fold down the fender well.