Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

r18-power

FL
Vehicle Model
Focus ST
Body Style
Hatchback
@Dar-Dar looks great man! Any plans on retrofitting the headlights? M3 headlights look amazing when retro'd.

Dar-Dar

Mordorator
North NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Fiji Blue Pearl Coupe Coolest Member Since: May 15, 2011
@Dar-Dar looks great man! Any plans on retrofitting the headlights? M3 headlights look amazing when retro'd.
I more likely won't since I'm planning on tracking this car. :D I haven't even retro fitted my Si. :/

Sarcras

North Dakota
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FB6
So this happened tonight.
Civic Accident.jpg
Long story short, the guy in front of me didn't like my retros and decided to slam on his brakes right in front of me. I know it's not a great picture but it's dark. Luckily no one got hurt and I was able to slow down quick enough the airbags didn't deploy.

Reactions: Tak

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
View attachment 53978
Long story short, the guy in front of me didn't like my retros and decided to slam on his brakes right in front of me. I know it's not a great picture but it's dark. Luckily no one got hurt and I was able to slow down quick enough the airbags didn't deploy.

wwhhaaaaa? He brake checked you because of your headlights? Irregardless, that sucks man. Glad you're alright

Tak

New York City
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan (FB2)
View attachment 53978
Thank god that you're able to stop as quick as you could. I know it sucks. I also hate this kind of intentional brake-checked. I got the same thing happened 4 months ago. Though my damage was not as severe as yours. Thank god nobody was hurt in your case. Car will be repaired fine. My case was that my toddler was shocked and I asked the ambulance to bring him to hospital just to check and make sure he was well.

Since then, I learned that I must try to remain 3-5 cars lane and be more attentive. I'm also going to install a dash cam soon.

Good luck.

Sarcras

North Dakota
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FB6
Thanks guys. Hopefully insurance thinks the same thing tomorrow.

Reactions: Tak

Tak

New York City
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan (FB2)
Thanks guys. Hopefully insurance thinks the same thing tomorrow.
What state are you in? Did you have a dash cam or a witness? Depending on your state, there is a no fault policy that helps the repair after the collision.

Sarcras

North Dakota
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FB6
I'm in North Dakota and I don't have a dash cam or any witnesses that I know. I would agree with you @webby but I think in this case it will go to show that he was in the wrong. Not only did he slam on his brakes but came to a complete stop in the middle of the interstate.

r18-power

FL
Vehicle Model
Focus ST
Body Style
Hatchback
That sucks man, I hope everything is well. Did the projectors get damaged? Or can they be saved?

PainlessCandy

Cleveland
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I had that happen to me a week or so ago. But with my new brakes I was able to stop well before hitting them even though they came to a dead stop, TWICE before sitting there holding their middle finger out the window for a solid 15 seconds. I wish I had a dash cam, cuz then as I was finally able to pass them they threw a full soda out the window at me. Haven't decided if I should try and press charges since they made the grand mistake of throwing the drink as they were pulling into their driveway, so I know where they live (happened on a 2 lane highway near home).

I hope everything goes well with your insurance. Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Sarcras

North Dakota
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FB6
That sucks man, I hope everything is well. Did the projectors get damaged? Or can they be saved?
Thanks. It doesn't look like they got damaged. The passenger side housing got dislodged but the projector still works . I haven't been able to inspect in the day light yet. Will be heppening soon.

Sarcras

North Dakota
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FB6
I can't stand it when people do stuff like that @PainlessCandy. I think you should report it especially if there was any damage. This was actually the 3rd road rage incident against me in the last week. 1 of which was because I honked my horn because they were stopped at a green light. After this 1, I will be getting a dash cam.

PainlessCandy

Cleveland
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I can't stand it when people do stuff like that @PainlessCandy. I think you should report it especially if there was any damage. This was actually the 3rd road rage incident against me in the last week. 1 of which was because I honked my horn because they were stopped at a green light. After this 1, I will be getting a dash cam.

Luckily the only damage was their waste of a full soda they probably just bought on their way home, lol. I was honestly more worried about the traffic coming up behind me not realizing that I was stopped with nowhere to go and so I put on my hazards, which somehow only managed to piss off the person who brake checked me more?

It does make me wish I had an old beater of a pickup truck with a huge solid bumper so I didn't have to worry about stopping in time. Then when the whole back end of their car is smashed in I can just call it a loss and leave them wondering why they caused their own car to get wrecked as I laugh and laugh at their stupidity.

r18-power

FL
Vehicle Model
Focus ST
Body Style
Hatchback
Thanks. It doesn't look like they got damaged. The passenger side housing got dislodged but the projector still works . I haven't been able to inspect in the day light yet. Will be heppening soon.

Hopefully they're ok let us know what happens.

I hate this, I usually get it atleast once when I drive back from work. Actually about a month ago, my wife, my son and I were leaving our neighborhood around 10 pm when this buick in front of us stopped at a stop sign, he was there for about 1 minute (it looks like he was txting) I honked at him he turn right then I turn right and out of nowhere the bastard slams his brakes and I almost hit him, he even had the nerve to get out of the car to try to fight me, I was so mad, but I just went a different way because of my family.

PainlessCandy

Cleveland
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I hate this, I usually get it atleast once when I drive back from work. Actually about a month ago, my wife, my son and I were leaving our neighborhood around 10 pm when this buick in front of us stopped at a stop sign, he was there for about 1 minute (it looks like he was txting) I honked at him he turn right then I turn right and out of nowhere the bastard slams his brakes and I almost hit him, he even had the nerve to get out of the car to try to fight me, I was so mad, but I just went a different way because of my family.

Those are the times that I'm glad I carry. Oh, how I wish I could put a gun rack in my Si, lol.

Sarcras

North Dakota
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FB6
Situations like that scare me. I'm with you @PainlessCandy, I carry often now too.

Sarcras

North Dakota
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FB6
So here is an update. While the insurance companies investigate to determine liability, my insurance company is going to get it fixed since I have collision insurance. Right now the estimate is just under $5500 but I can't get it in until November 14th.