squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
For my old Tacoma, a mr clean magic eraser always worked wonders on the black unpainted trim. Mines was almost a light gray, and no chemicals I tried ever lasted very long, but the magic eraser made it look brand new. You can tell it took layers of crap off the plastic and all that was left behind was clean and black.

Just an FYI for those that don't know. Magic erasers are a super fine grit sandpaper...

hey_mikey

Concord, NC
Vehicle Model
Accord Sport
Body Style
Sedan
Just an FYI for those that don't know. Magic erasers are a super fine grit sandpaper...
I think there's something else there besides a fine abrasive, because when i tried just wetsanding the trim with fine grit (tried everything from 800-2500) sandpaper, it would always clog up. The magic erasers seemed to do a better job of removing old grime than even sandpaper, and never hurt anything. The fender flares on my truck were right up against the painted fenders, and I never had any marring or clear coat damage.

I forget what detailing forum i got that tip from, but it worked wonders for me and the results lasted longer than anything else.

njhustler

New Jersey
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Got my oem visors in today , had to install it right away as always. I can never wait. It started to drizzle a bit during the install so I had to park under a big tree to finish. lots of wiping.

Attachments

• IMG_0676.JPG
    IMG_0676.JPG
    579.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0683.JPG
    IMG_0683.JPG
    430.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0687.JPG
    IMG_0687.JPG
    576.5 KB · Views: 22

Modifier
Chicago