Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Windows Phone

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Tried to send a few picture messages.... not going through. Says "waiting for connection".
so I found some people having issues with mms/sms on pixel phones. Some say they got these apn’s from support. Did you get a T-Mobile or att sim for them? These apn’s may not be right based on what the sim is?

56CFD135-C264-4470-9B35-E72CE658023E.jpeg

3CF659A1-B2DC-47E7-840D-F61A7C35D642.jpeg

bootyluvr

Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
2015 Honda Accord EX-L V6
Unfortunately... Consumer Cellular (used AT&T / T-Mobile towers) is also shitty in my area. I had a feeling it was going to be not that great but it was worth a shot. My sister has AT&T and lives in the same neighborhood and complains about slowness.

I'll use it over the next week or so to test again but like Webby said I think my area has tin foil around it lol (funny but not really).

I only got the 500MB Data/Unlimited Talk & Text plan so I can't go crazy with it. lol First month is free so that's good. I just had to pay for a sim card.

bootyluvr

Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
Wife's new phone (Google Pixel 4a) was supposed to be delivered tomorrow but the date was pushed up to today.

I let her know this and she replied "I want to make sure my photos are backed up and my games with all my progression are transferred to the new phone". :rolleyes:

bootyluvr

Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
Don’t you already use google to store your photos in the cloud?

Yes we both use Google Photos which backs them up in the cloud. She's the opposite of me so she has no clue how it works. She takes a picture and that's the end of it in her mind. She thinks they are saved on the phone (they were in the past).

bootyluvr

Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
So.... yesterday morning I left for work and noticed my work phone (Samsung S8+) said "No SIM Card". I restart the phone and same issue. I re-seated the SIM card and same issue. I cleared the cache partition and same issue. I reset the network settings and same issue. I tried my personal phone SIM card in the work phone and same issue. I put the work phone SIM card in my personal phone and it works.. So it is not a SIM card issue.

At this point I'm pissed because it's been a great phone. I didn't have much on it so I did a factory reset and same issue. A few years back they offered you the ability to purchase (at an upgrade cost) a better phone than what the standard model was that they were giving out. Which at the time was the Samsung Galaxy S5. So the S8+ I paid the X amount to upgrade to that so the phone is mine. I just wish I could fix the issue. :mad:

So I contacted our Mobile Devices team and they got a new replacement phone ready for me. It is the Samsung S10e. I picked it up yesterday afternoon.

fahnix

SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
So.... yesterday morning I left for work and noticed my work phone (Samsung S8+) said "No SIM Card". I restart the phone and same issue. I re-seated the SIM card and same issue. I cleared the cache partition and same issue. I reset the network settings and same issue. I tried my personal phone SIM card in the work phone and same issue. I put the work phone SIM card in my personal phone and it works.. So it is not a SIM card issue.

At this point I'm pissed because it's been a great phone. I didn't have much on it so I did a factory reset and same issue. A few years back they offered you the ability to purchase (at an upgrade cost) a better phone than what the standard model was that they were giving out. Which at the time was the Samsung Galaxy S5. So the S8+ I paid the X amount to upgrade to that so the phone is mine. I just wish I could fix the issue. :mad:

So I contacted our Mobile Devices team and they got a new replacement phone ready for me. It is the Samsung S10e. I picked it up yesterday afternoon.
Do you get to keep the replacement too?

bootyluvr

Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
Do you get to keep the replacement too?

S10e (the replacement) belongs to my employer. I won't be able to keep that whenever I upgrade next.
S8+ (broken phone) belongs to me as I paid the upgrade fee a few years back to get it instead of the standard model (S5) they were giving out.

fahnix

SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
S10e (the replacement) belongs to my employer. I won't be able to keep that whenever I upgrade next.
S8+ (broken phone) belongs to me as I paid the upgrade fee a few years back to get it instead of the standard model (S5) they were giving out.

That sucks.