ethlar

Grumpy Moderator
Super Mod
Philly
Vehicle Model
TLX 3.5 SH-AWD Tech
Body Style
Sedan
i noticed mine started to flake after it got scratched by a lot attendant moving the car. Dont know if the sun has influence, i only use Meguiars interior cleaning products, no conditioners

mines a 06 with 125k on it

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
I got the car used so I couldn't say what started it. I think since it's definitely the clear layer over the chrome that it was just wear/sun/oxidation that started it. I of course thought something was stuck on the edge and so I picked at it, making it much worse. I've only used 303 Aerospace protectant on the interior and dash since I got it.

Mines an 08' with 85k.

ethlar

Grumpy Moderator
Super Mod
Philly
Vehicle Model
TLX 3.5 SH-AWD Tech
Body Style
Sedan
i think its fine as long as you dont get that one scratch, once that happens youre done

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Alcohol cleaning squares completely took the rest of the clear finish off. Just went out and put on the new one. It was almost like a plastic covering you could remove but the alcohol just made it wrinkle up immediately so I suspect some sort of cleaning chemical lifted the edge in the first place. Also a new package arrived while I was outside... new vinyl!

The Ghost album even came printed on Red Vinyl....

HiFi setup is currently in the works... hopefully it will look very similar to this when im done:

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
New vinyl... again.... I'm so old but im so hooked on this hi-fi thing. Music has never sounded so good.

Currently kicked back in a leather recliner listening to my latest vinyl score:

Darkthrone: A blaze in the northern sky

Considering buying these: Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone

silver04v

Ordered some bbs rs reps. I'm cheap and roads here suck. Don't see a point in trashing expensive wheels unfortunately. Should look decent