Pothole + civic = airbag light

Nibsirb

Charleston, SC
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Def not the best of nights tonight.....while doing a u-turn tonight at 2am my passenger front tire hit a HUGE pothole on the side of the road and engaged the airbag light. Thankfully the airbags didn't deploy but now I'm having to go to the dealer to hopefully get the comp scanned and rid the light. The pothole was big/deep enough that it scrapped my damn bumper pretty decently. Too dark for pix but I'll see what i can get in the morning. Also ripped off one of the plastic air deflectors on the underside of the bumper in front of the tire from the Christmas trees. And unsnapped part of the front bumper (snapped back into place though)F M L.....service appt @ 0730 today

Nomar06

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Fiesta ST (FiST)
Body Style
hatch
I swear......Charleston has some of the worse streets for such a small city area.

You would think all the tourism money could help pave the damn roads!

Monk

SW Virginia
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic EX
Body Style
Coupe FG3:ASM
Sorry for your incident.
It'd be nice if our cars came with better peripheral lighting........ It's better on high than it is on low beam, but still not very good.

Nibsirb

Charleston, SC
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe

Nibsirb

Charleston, SC
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
So after going to the STEALERship and hooking the car up to the diagnostic reader (and $58 later), I've gotta screwed up Rt Front Impact Sensor. The part itself only cost about $40-$45....but after labor and what not they quoted me at $140!!! It's literally a quick disconnect wire, unbolt the sensor, and reverse the steps kinda job, but because they have to remove the bumper they estimate about an hour to hour and a half job. SCREW THAT! Think I'll buy the part and do the job myself....besides, I'm gonna take the bumper off when i do the WRX CS lip mod anyways. Guess I'll be purchasing the lip off Ebay sooner than I really wanted to though....

Nibsirb

Charleston, SC
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I haven't removed the bumper yet, but I know it's not that difficult. Just registered w/ CHH and sent them a message...Thanks webby!

Scuderi

Maryland
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Sorry for your incident.
It'd be nice if our cars came with better peripheral lighting........ It's better on high than it is on low beam, but still not very good.

You can set the fog lights to automatically go on with the low beams. That's how I have them. Helps a bit.

Monk

SW Virginia
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic EX
Body Style
Coupe FG3:ASM
You can set the fog lights to automatically go on with the low beams. That's how I have them. Helps a bit.
I've had auxiliary lights I installed on a few cars, and will usually wire them as independently operated. Great Idea, and as you said "It helps a bit", so you know we 're looking for more. I'd say an auxiliary light that's made to point to the extreme frt/side would require a totally new hole port. I think IIRC there are some "BIG" $$$$$$ cars out there with this set up, but these cars all seem to have a box look, so cutting a square hole in one of them wouldn't hurt the looks anyway. Since we'll never see it from the factory, it would have to be custom. Another thought is to customize the fog-ports with a holder that could mount them more sideways.

tacthecat

Cheshire, MA - USA
Vehicle Model
2012 Si
Body Style
Sedan
I'll have to mess around in the settings to set this up. Good call
No settings to mess around with, just turn the fog fights on and leave them on (on the '12 Si it's the inside rotary switch on the turn signal stalk). The fogs will be on anytime the low beams are on.

Nibsirb

Charleston, SC
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Alright so I got the crash sensor swapped out but the airbag light is still on....I was hoping that the computer would read the sensor as being good and clear the light/check airbag system message but doesn't seem that way. FML Here's another $60 I'll have to shell out for a diagnostic reading...

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Alright so I got the crash sensor swapped out but the airbag light is still on....I was hoping that the computer would read the sensor as being good and clear the light/check airbag system message but doesn't seem that way. FML Here's another $60 I'll have to shell out for a diagnostic reading...
I'm not saying this will work, but try disconnecting the battery to the car for like 10 min and then hook it back up. See if the warning is still there.

Nibsirb

Charleston, SC
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Tried it twice actually. Before I disconnected the sensor I removed the negative side from the battery just to be on the safe side. Then I thought maybe the comp just needed to "relearn" the sensor so I drive it for a few days hoping for a reset....still nothing. Tried disconnecting the battered again for about 15 mins and still nothing. I've got an appointment set up so regardless it should get taken care of

Nibsirb

Charleston, SC
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Got the warning cleared. The stealer ship wanted $100 just to hook up the diagnostic tool but when I tood them that was "horse ****" and all they were going to do was hook it up and hit a button, they decided only to charge half. Still ridiculous in my opinion but not much else I could do. Either way, problem taken care of