Q300 catback and rv6 catted combo or a UR downpipe and cat back.

sunofwolf

Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
I kind of like this setup and wonder how hard it is to install, I heard the q300 had some ratting issue's due to clearance. I am concerned about being to noisy. Its looks like the rv6 catted is a extremely well made downpipe with a cat. The other exhaust is the Ultima racing 3" with cat and a catback with two muffler's-makes more power but might be just to noisy and lack of room of the downpipe worry's me. Either setup I would add a rmm 70a hasport. I have a tuner and a 3.5 CAI.

sunofwolf

Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
no a 2.5 pipe is smaller and lighter, a 3inch bigger and heavy. 2.5 less noisy than a 3 inch. 2.5 inch lower torque than 3inch. But perhaps being a bit picky. RV6 downpipe seems to be the best one made and its only 2.5. rv6 seems to be made out of better stuff?:paper:

sunofwolf

Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
UR has a 15% off right now on a full exhaust till Monday, just might pick up a catted version with 3" and two mufflers that shouldn't be too noisy as my SRT-4 has just one big muffler 3" SS full exhaust- a thermal brand- its survived 5 yrs

sunofwolf

Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
checking on that deal on Monday 15% off UR full exhaust-it is not taking off the discount on their web site, if they honor the discount I may get a 3" catted metal downpipe and catback with two mufflers 3"-they have a five year war which is the most I can find on a exhaust. I don't plan on selling the SI. I will be tuning it hondata for max mpg and power- 93 gas .- adding a 3.5 CAI intake too and a rmm. Later a 24 mm sway bar and a short throw shifter. This will fix California attempt to destroy the car with unnecessary garbage. I drove a car with Hill assist and it was horrible locking up twice-one reason while I bought a 2013 instead of 2014 which puts that crap on as well as using a button to start the car another piece of junk-no key- ya I didn't want a prius-Yugo! So it will have cost me maybe $2000 to fix the car because it came broken from the factory as the way I see :flame::iough:it

sunofwolf

Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
The install is the same in regards to the diy links I posted
Yes they install differently a .5 inch is a big difference in weight and clearance. It maybe small difference, but 3" gains maybe 3Hp over 2.5. a 3" may have a little less torque down low-not sure about this however. A sports coupe needs a sporty exhaust. Can't wait till spring till-the winter has been warm for Maine and is raining now, anything above 32 degrees makes me happy. A Fox attacked our chicken again but I saved the hen this time. the fox even bite doggy nose poor dog.:sadbanana:

sunofwolf

Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
UR web site not giving 15% off and I can't get a hold of them-I looked at their return policy and it stinks, taking 20% off on restocking and only giving a store credit-I don't think I trust this vendor. I may just get a rv6 downpipe and use the stock catback.:banana whip2:

sunofwolf

Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
what about their down pipe? It doesn't seem to take 15% off the extra's, just the plain catback is 15% off. Oh it says up to 15% off, very deceptive. Well it came to $1247 that just too much- 15% off only the plain catback. I guess, its best to call them Monday.

Last edited:

sunofwolf

Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
:lildevil:Looks like a rv6 downpipe is the best for me, 3" isn't going to help except to put more noise out. 2.5 inch is good for 230HP+, 3" over 330HP-no way except turbo or supercharger which I am not going to use at present time maybe in future. 2.5 good for clearance issue's and noise and still makes power where needed. MY srt-4 has a 3" but it has a turbo so its needed, but I am running a big muffler. It's actually more less noisy then the stock setup with just two resonators-only car with that setup up in 2003-2005. Still like it however. Someone offered me:flame: a gmc dump truck one ton for it-maybe a decent offer actually! I could fill up the truck and go to Ca and dump some ****! :shady:

sunofwolf

Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
https://www.ultimate-racing.com/collections/civic-si/products/civic-si-catback-exhaust

It’s $467 without add ons. It’s normally $550. That’s 15% off. You’re living in a fantasy world if you think most aftermarket parts sites answer phones on a weekend.
As to not working on weekends-YOUR here-maybe!:joke: A lot of places have people working on Saturday or should because that's when people are able to order stuff! $467 to cat $150 + gasket plus shipping $735 + shipping $65 $800 not really too bad, but more than I want to spend. Winter is slow and cold- I think bears got it right-don't come out till spring.

sunofwolf

Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
well lets see what happens with UR-trying to get a full exhaust system, but can't get them on the phone. responded on web site only something is wrong here-phone recording was awful. Well back to the rv6-I can get one for $419 shipped and use my stock catback!

sunofwolf

Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
:beer:Looks like I can't get away from the rv6=$419 shipped option and using a perfectly fine OEM catback. Maybe I leave it at that and add a RMM, 24mm sway bar and shorty throw shifter and just auto cross the car everywhere with my 2 sets of HP tires. have cai and hondata tuner and also paid for a etune when done. Sometimes spending too much simply ruins the fun.:corndance:

JAMES JANZEN

Ontario Canada
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic SI
Body Style
sedan
oh my god, just buy the rv6 and stop talking to yourself about it on here. .5inch will not make a difference for install. im not sure why you keep saying the install will differ. everytime i show your ignored comments i immediately regret it.

sunofwolf

Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
got another post, putting off pipes for a while maybe, Not screwing with the car till about 5 months when I get my inspection sticker.

sunofwolf

Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
I looked at the full race 3" downpipe the v2 model and it really looks well made, I wonder if the exhaust is as good on full race?.:shady::squirrel::worms:

sunofwolf

Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
how about cnt racing catted downpipes for only $300 shipped