Skunk2 CAI falling apart on 2013 SI

mySIck

FT. Bragg, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
20151217_134145.jpg I don't know if you can tell by the picture but my Skunk2 intake is falling apart.(all the rubber) some of the cracks go all the way through and are small holes.
I guess this is a common problem with this intake I have replaced my TB coupler and made my own brather hose. But I need to replace the MAF sensor one and can't find it online. Dose anyone know the part # for it. Or if it would be ok to use PVC pipe?

Dar-Dar

Mordorator
North NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Fiji Blue Pearl Coupe Coolest Member Since: May 15, 2011
Try contacting Skunk2 asking for what they can do in terms of a possible replacement (without charge). Intake components should not be dry cracking that quickly. When did you purchase that intake?

mySIck

FT. Bragg, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
Try contacting Skunk2 asking for what they can do in terms of a possible replacement (without charge). Intake components should not be dry cracking that quickly. When did you purchase that intake?
I bought the intake somtime in 2014 I have sent them a few e-mails but I have not got anything back from them. The hose that went to the head completely disengage:banghead:. But tomorrow I am planning on swaping in my stock intake box to keep from sucking in rubber.

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
I bought the intake somtime in 2014 I have sent them a few e-mails but I have not got anything back from them. The hose that went to the head completely disengage:banghead:. But tomorrow I am planning on swaping in my stock intake box to keep from sucking in rubber.
@Skunk2 Racing - send them a message directly here or call them directly on the phone. Dar dar is correct. You shouldn't have the issues you're showing for the short period of time it's been on the car. Please update us as well.

mySIck

FT. Bragg, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
@Skunk2 Racing - send them a message directly here or call them directly on the phone. Dar dar is correct. You shouldn't have the issues you're showing for the short period of time it's been on the car. Please update us as well.
Thanks webby I will keep everyone updated. Hopefully I can get it fixed soon.

Darkout

Cocoa, FL
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I'd put the factory box back in asap, your MAF readings are out the window with air leaks after your MAF sensor. Would assume a CEL to be on with that crack

mySIck

FT. Bragg, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
I just got off the phone with Skunk2 and they said I would have to purchase the all the replacement parts since I am out of the 12 month window and on top of it I also did not send in the warranty for it.
And I am putting in the factory Air box now but the crazy thing is I did not get a CEL for it yet.

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
I would have to purchase the all the replacement parts
prob cost them all of 2 dollars in rubber parts and they won't replace them to keep a customer happy? I don't understand the mentality. Now they've probably lost you as a future customer, and others will see this issue & how they handled it.

mySIck

FT. Bragg, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
Yeah I am not happy with the product what so ever. I have had issues with it the first time I opened the Box I was all ready missing parts and had to get them to send them to me.
I am not going to sit here and talk bad about them but the CAI they made for the 9th SI is cheap and not well thought out.

Bulkybear

Yeah I am not happy with the product what so ever. I have had issues with it the first time I opened the Box I was all ready missing parts and had to get them to send them to me.
I am not going to sit here and talk bad about them but the CAI they made for the 9th SI is cheap and not well thought out.
Unfortunately this seems to be the case for most aftermarket parts for our cars :(

mySIck

FT. Bragg, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
:( they should just stay with making affordable products for ever day performance That are good quality.

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Well, at least the stock air box ain't bad. From all the threads and info from Vit the stock box is pretty kickass unless you're running one of the huge 3.5" intakes PRL style.

r18-power

FL
Vehicle Model
Focus ST
Body Style
Hatchback
For me when I had the skunk2 intake in my 2012 Si I never had a problem.. Had it for 2 years.. And it got the job done with no cracks or anything. Now with my 2015 Si I went with the Prl cai and wow it's a different story looks a lot better built compared to the skunk2 and to me it sits better in the engine bay...

Reactions: Nix

mySIck

FT. Bragg, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
Well, at least the stock air box ain't bad. From all the threads and info from Vit the stock box is pretty kickass unless you're running one of the huge 3.5" intakes PRL style.
From what I have seen the stock intake from Honda is well made for the SI and when I bought my skunk2 I did not know that PRL had one but I believe they put it out after I bought mine. And I am replacing my skunk2 for the PRL. And is the PRL 3" or 3.5"?

Reactions: Nix

mySIck

FT. Bragg, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
Oh it is 3.5 I thought it was 3" but do you think there is any power or torque gains between the Cold Air vs the Short ram