Squiggy and Spidergirl's Annual Halloween Movie Fest!

SpiderGirl

Michiana
Vehicle Model
Insight
Body Style
EX w/ Navi
Day 28: (2008) Pontypool
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1226681/

The director has said that there are three stages to the virus. The first stage is you might begin to repeat a word. Something gets stuck. And usually it's words that are terms of endearment, like sweetheart or honey. The second stage is your language becomes scrambled and you can't express yourself properly. The third stage is that you become so distraught at your condition that the only way out of the situation you feel, as an infected person, is to try and chew your way through the mouth of another person.

You guys just really have to see this one. Watched it several years ago for the first time and it was unexpected. Definitely a good watch!

28 2009 Pontypool.jpg

Bruce Bartlow

Late apex everything
Sacramento, CA
Vehicle Model
SI
Body Style
Coupe
Day 25: (1997) Event Horizon
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119081/

The space suits worn by the actors weighed 65 lbs each. Standing upright in them for longer periods of time could lead to back injury, but sitting down was not possible either due to the backpack. Special "hanging poles" were constructed on the set, so the actors could rest on them between takes. In addition, everyone's space suit has a flag showing hypothetical future political changes on Earth. Characters portrayed by American actors wear a flag of the United States with 55 stars. Characters portrayed by British actors wear a European Union flag with 22 stars, replacing the former Union Flag. Sam Neill's character wears a modified Australian flag, with the Union Jack removed from the top left-hand corner, and the Aboriginal flag in its place.

Yet another of my all-time favorites! This movie is brilliant.

View attachment 59736

SpiderGirl

Michiana
Vehicle Model
Insight
Body Style
EX w/ Navi
I've done a good deal of thinking on this year's horror fest. In all honesty, I was a little burnt out going into last year's and my heart wasn't 100% in it. I almost called it quits, thinking that a decade was long enough.

But you know...this year is different. This year is a freaking dumpster fire of chaos and it feels like a good year to switch it up. I recently signed up for a subscription to Shudder and have been reveling in the sea of B movies, exclusives, and classics alike.

2020 marks the 11th year so, in true Spinal Tap fashion, I'm cranking it up to 11 and expanding to 61 days of quarantine movie fun to coincide with Shudder's programming. The format will be different from years past. If you'd like to follow along, it will require a Shudder subscription, which you can obtain for fewer than $5 a month from shudder.com.

I will only be pre-selecting ONE movie each week. For the remainder of the days, I encourage anyone participating to explore Shudder's catalog, watch a film of their choice, and then post about it to start a discussion.

Shudder also has a constant live-stream for your viewing pleasure so invite your friends! Host a virtual watch party! Watch something that's not normally in your wheelhouse, OR only watch your favorites - this year is up to you! Just make sure to share your picks - maybe we can all find some new favorites this year.

The fun starts September 1st!

SpiderGirl

Michiana
Vehicle Model
Insight
Body Style
EX w/ Navi
They have a LOT of movies I've never heard of, and I see they have a bunch of "exclusives" to shudder like other streaming services. So, they're paying for exclusive content creation like netflix, amazon etc
Yeah, it's a treasure trove of horror content! We've been enjoying the Joe Bob Briggs Late Night Drive-In stuff.

SpiderGirl

Michiana
Vehicle Model
Insight
Body Style
EX w/ Navi
Tonight's the night, friends!
I am beginning this 61-day journey with a Shudder Exclusive based on the 1927 short story by H.P. Lovecraft.

Day 1: Color Out Of Space
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5073642/

The color used in this film to represent The Color is magenta, which doesn't exist as part of the spectrum of visible light. Rather, it is an extraspectral color - meaning it is only perceived by humans in a specific interaction of the eyes' optical rods that detect red and blue in specific circumstances, creating magenta in the mind. Since blue and red are associated with good and evil, it means that The Color is apart from good and evil to come from another universe where these concepts cannot be applied.

poster-780.jpg

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
Yay!!! That time of year again!!! Already!?!

SpiderGirl

Michiana
Vehicle Model
Insight
Body Style
EX w/ Navi
Day 1 Recap:
OMG this was so good! Very "WTF" Lovecraft. The coloring was gorgeous. Parts were very much Cronenberg-esque. Nicholas Cage's part HAD to have been written just for him because it's so perfectly him. Oh...and alpacas. :eek:

SpiderGirl

Michiana
Vehicle Model
Insight
Body Style
EX w/ Navi
Going German tonight.
It was awkward and messy... refreshing to see a more realistic take on how people would react in that situation in the heat of the moment. ...and don't worry, the dog doesn't die.

Day 3: Angst
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0165623/

Based on an actual case of triple-murder perpetrated by Werner Kniesek. He killed three people out of pure lust in 1980 - the murders stand as a threatening symbol of senseless death and destruction.

"I just love it when women shiver in deadly fear because of me. It is like an addiction, which will never stop", said Kniesek in front of the judge. His psychiatrist classified him as "extremely abnormal but not mentally ill"- an explosive mixture of lust for destruction and addiction to physical violence.

Last edited:

SpiderGirl

Michiana
Vehicle Model
Insight
Body Style
EX w/ Navi
BELATED POST

Day 4: Random Acts of Violence
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1925493/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Another Shudder original! This was based on the graphic novel of the same title. I will say that it was better than I expected. The opening credit sequence seemed like it was taken from a White Zombie video. Overall, the visuals are gritty and beautiful and the coloring is reminiscent of a comic. The plot could've been fleshed out a bit more, but it was still an enjoyable movie and it didn't leave me disappointed.

poster-3.jpg