Civic Si
Body Style
Fiji Blue Pearl Coupe Coolest Member Since: May 15, 2011
Honda coolant is blue.

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Supposedly changed to bue coolant in 2004, but I cannot find the press bulletin about it.

Honda says it's ok to mix blue with the green, but not the other way around. The big difference is the green coolant is made to be used until about 60k miles, the new blue coolant that honda puts in all their cars now lasts about 100k miles. As long as they completely flushed your system of the blue than your ok. But next time you get it changed, i recommend the blue coolant.

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
Supposedly changed to bue coolant in 2004, but I cannot find the press bulletin about it.

Thanks Webby! I was trying to figure out why my radiator had washer fluid in it...

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
Btw, it definitely doesn't taste like something blue. :bleh: I managed to get a face, mouth, and ear full of the stuff when disconnecting a hose. Smart me actually wore safety glasses expecting some dripping and stuff. Didn't quite expect the gush that came out when removing the upper part of the lower hose though! :confused:

the insider

north of the 49th, south of the 401
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
sedan
Btw, it definitely doesn't taste like something blue. :bleh: I managed to get a face, mouth, and ear full of the stuff when disconnecting a hose. Smart me actually wore safety glasses expecting some dripping and stuff. Didn't quite expect the gush that came out when removing the upper part of the lower hose though! :confused:

Tastes a little bitter doesn't it? That quick disconnect is awesome on the lower rad hose isn't it!

Last edited:

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
Tastes a little bitter doesn't it? That quick disconnect is awesome on the lower rad hose isn't it!

Quick disconnect my ***. All four were typical hose clamps. That bottom one gave me the hardest time, too. There is just not much room to maneuver and I have small hands.

the insider

north of the 49th, south of the 401
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
sedan
Quick disconnect my ***. All four were typical hose clamps. That bottom one gave me the hardest time, too. There is just not much room to maneuver and I have small hands.

I'm sure the lower rad hose releases just by pulling the spring clip out of the rad...

Just pull out the clip #8 and bam! Its off! Then you take the hose clamp off once the hose is in your hands!

Last edited:

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
I'm sure the lower rad hose releases just by pulling the spring clip out of the rad...

Just pull out the clip #8 and bam! Its off! Then you take the hose clamp off once the hose is in your hands!

Looks simple in theory, but accessing it is not. Possibly taking off some of the lower bumper cover would help, but there is still the frame to deal with.

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
Its easier for sure if you remove the splash shield and remove the clip from underneath. I've had a couple off...

2013-06-13 19.45.27.jpg

Well, I'll be damned if I wasn't able to actually see that little clip while underneath the car! I will make sure to point that out when I post up the DIY. With credit to you for pointing it out of course.

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
Exactly what I was thinking when I posted it. I was in a hurry to get it "installed" when I got home. Literally checked the mail from my car, parked in the garage, ripped open the envelope, "installed" it, and then snapped a picture. I have been ridiculously busy lately! Anyway, it has some heft to it.