Tak - The <3 of my 9th Gen Civic FB2

fahnix

SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Hey Tak, I noticed that you did the 2013 Si OEM rear sway swap. How's that holding up? Did that bolt right up?

Also, were you able to find 93401-10020-008 - Stabilizer Holder Bolts, or did you reuse the old ones? That part number doesn't seem to pull up anything other than posts regarding this swap.

EDIT: Was it actually 93401-10020-08 - Bolt-Washer (10x20)?

Reactions: Tak

Tak

New York City
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan (FB2)
No clue man. I don’t want to say yes, and then a belt snap or something else goes wrong.

Ok. So it’s confirmed by my friends mechanics shop. The AC compressor pulley is burnt and the belt is shot. The belt has a bit damage underneath.

So I need a new belt and new AC compressor.

I can’t believe they die that early. My car just reaches 66k miles. It’s probably a daily driven car with abuse?!

Glad it’s gonna be fixed today. Awaiting my friend calling me back to pick up the car.

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tak

New York City
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan (FB2)
Hey Tak, I noticed that you did the 2013 Si OEM rear sway swap. How's that holding up? Did that bolt right up?

Also, were you able to find 93401-10020-008 - Stabilizer Holder Bolts, or did you reuse the old ones? That part number doesn't seem to pull up anything other than posts regarding this swap.

EDIT: Was it actually 93401-10020-08 - Bolt-Washer (10x20)?

I forgot the parts # information. I got all the oem parts (rear sway bar, end link bracket and brusher ) from Honda parts website all at the same time and dropped it to shop for installation.

Tak

New York City
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan (FB2)
Right on. Thanks for the response!

Good thing it was only the AC compressor!

You are welcome.

I swap the rear with all parts at the same time to avoid problem. Because my friend says mine is a r18. If I try to use some parts from r18 with Si, it may not work well at the end. So I ordered all parts together then did a whole swap for worry free.

Yes lucky the problem is a AC compressor plus a belt [emoji23]

Tak

New York City
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan (FB2)
So my AC compressor pulley broke and it's partially seized the belt at 66k on my r18 which I found early. I thought this thing start showing failures at 100k. Now I am wrong and need a lesson learned.

As a preventative maintenance, how often do we check the belt and those pulleys? How often do we check and replace the belt? Is it until we see or hear the noise? What is the best way to keep them running optimal?

Thanks

ElDiabloBlanco

Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe Si
So my AC compressor pulley broke and it's partially seized the belt at 66k on my r18 which I found early. I thought this thing start showing failures at 100k. Now I am wrong and need a lesson learned.

As a preventative maintenance, how often do we check the belt and those pulleys? How often do we check and replace the belt? Is it until we see or hear the noise? What is the best way to keep them running optimal?

Thanks

That's a good question. I'm curious myself too. :bump:

Honda-Fan

Dallas, Texas
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Coupe
I can only give out these basics:

Check your belts after the 60K mark; OEM replacement is Bando's "Rib-Ace", which is pretty inexpensive. Ones with heavy exposure to elements go at the earliest part of the 'watch cycle', ones that are in more even-tempered climates will last until about 100K. Best way to spot a potential failure early is if you see any obvious-yet-numerous instances of cracking (See pic) in the grooves when you're under the hood. When I changed my belt out at about 95K -- it had cracks all over; No noise, but definitely a hazard.

There are technically 'treatments' for belts that soften the rubber to reduce wear, but the problem is that protectants will eventually get all over your pulleys, and there's a potential for the rubber to swell, too. You sorta pick your poison.

Tak

New York City
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan (FB2)
Hello

I was trying to install Megan Racing front lower tie bar and H brace with my friend at his shop. We got the H brace installed with under tray cover staying. We just cut holes where the bolt is.

But when we were trying to install the front lower tie, we were running into issues. It looks like the bolt can’t be removed. It’s like it’s stripped inside.

What should I do in this case? How can we remove the bolt? Which bolt in the diagram should I buy a new one? Thanks