Keystone State
Porter Cable unit.

07TLX

Somewhere in SEPA
Vehicle Model
Pontiac
Body Style
G8 GT
I would use one or the other. Using both may end in a streaky mess. If you must use both I'd say the spray wax first followed by the quick detailer.
Hey Rasky, ive got a question. When I don't have time for a full on hand wax ive got a couple spray bottles that just spray on wipe off. Meguiars Quick Detailer and their premium Quick Wax.

Which one first after a wash? I read conflicting information on a couple sites. I usually use the QD between wash/wax sessions when crap gets on my car.

I wash, quick wax as drying then drive home and use QD.... I noticed that the quick wax streaks on the darker paint more than lighter paint so the QD removes the streaks..

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Delta Sonic automatic car wash? STAY OUT!!!! They will scuff up your paint like you won't believe. Find a "touchless" or do it yourself spray gun place to go and then do like me and hit it with spray wax and quick detailer until you have a chance to do a real wash and wax somewhere.

www.detailedimage.com (read up, you will seriously waste days like I am currently doing.)

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
I'd like to do some paint correction on my car. It's white so nothing is very noticeable when its really clean and waxed up but I see everything on it. Any suggestions for where to start in terms of polishing compounds?

Should I use megs 105 and then 205? Just 205? I have some deeper scratches. Or would a finishing polish be enough to remove light swirls/spider web lines? Something like Menzerna Micro Polish SF4500?
The new megs DA Microfiber Correction Compound?
I don't have a machine, yet, so probably by hand. Polishin pal with pads though. Also pad suggestion? Lake Country Green then Black? White?

I've been reading a lot and I just don't know where to start.

Bob-blehead

Midland, MI
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
EX Sedan
What is the best way to clean the film that builds up on the inside of the windshield? I have a difficult time reaching the bottom of the windshield.

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots

Bob-blehead

Midland, MI
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
EX Sedan

wbarraza

I have a chip in my front bumper from when I got it from the dealership, it isn't too noticeable since its black, and you can only tell when you look up close. The dealership said they would fix it... they just touched it up with paint and made it look a bit more noticeable in my opinion, the only way to get it fixed completely is to let them take it to the body shop for a week or 2 to get it fixed, is there anything I can do by detailing to make it blend in more?

JonnyRotten

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
coupe
Use an ammonia free window cleaner like stoners invisible glass. Great product.

Google stoners invisible glass. It's got a yellow top.
I've had my new car for less than a week now and I've been trying to get the windows clean for days now. :mad:
I'm going to get some of this Stoners Invisible Glass. The good thing is I Googled it and for anyone who lives in Canada, they sell it at Canadian Tire!
This forum is so awesome!! :brock:

JonnyRotten

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
coupe
JonnyRotten you'll have to report back with your results!
Will do!
I went to Canadian Tire this morning to buy some Stoners Invisible glass and the cleaning tool as well cuz I have no idea how anyone can clean the bottom of the back window on a 2012 Si coupe unless you had REALLY skinny hands to shove in there!
As soon as I give it a try I'll report back on my results.