Time for a thread! 13 TW sedan

raf

Saint Louis, Missouri
Vehicle Model
honda civic si
Body Style
sedan
Alrighty, some thoughts. Decided to go -1.3* camber in the front, -1* in the rear since there will be more rear camber naturally when under load (typical for irs), and 0* toe all the way around.

I must add that with just h&r springs my rear camber was -2.5*. Definitely needed the rear arms. Front camber was -.5*. Both front and rear toe were all out of whack.

Lets just say the car is now very spirited!

Also, this happened on the way home which made the drive a little more fun!
View attachment 21556

i honestly dont understand allignment at all... can somebody explain plz// ima be lowering it here soon on skunk 2 springs 2.25 front and 2" back will i need a camber kit?

liljusepy

Seattle
Vehicle Model
Si sedan
Body Style
sedan
i honestly dont understand allignment at all... can somebody explain plz// ima be lowering it here soon on skunk 2 springs 2.25 front and 2" back will i need a camber kit?

The quick answer is if you want anything close to factory specs, or want control over your suspension alignment, then yes you will need both front and rear camber kits. Going cheap is not a smart strategy here.

Six_speed_demon

MID-ATL CREW (fort washington md)
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
sedan
Alrighty, some thoughts. Decided to go -1.3* camber in the front, -1* in the rear since there will be more rear camber naturally when under load (typical for irs), and 0* toe all the way around.

I must add that with just h&r springs my rear camber was -2.5*. Definitely needed the rear arms. Front camber was -.5*. Both front and rear toe were all out of whack.

Lets just say the car is now very spirited!

Also, this happened on the way home which made the drive a little more fun!
View attachment 21556

I like this a lot! -2.5 is not that bad at all. Now your toe being all out of wack is major tire wear. Your car is sitting perfectly now. I think I want the H&R springs over the pro kit now.

liljusepy

Seattle
Vehicle Model
Si sedan
Body Style
sedan
I like this a lot! -2.5 is not that bad at all. Now your toe being all out of wack is major tire wear. Your car is sitting perfectly now. I think I want the H&R springs over the pro kit now.

Yeah, I went back and forth on the prokits too. In the end the h&r are perfect for me, though I thought they would be a little more stiff.

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
I ran Prokits for a while. Nice spring if you want to run stock struts and don't want to mess with camber right away. The drop is minimal enough to stay within factory specs. Looks to be about the same with the H&Rs. A little more drop offered and it looks great.

Six_speed_demon

MID-ATL CREW (fort washington md)
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
sedan
I ran Prokits for a while. Nice spring if you want to run stock struts and don't want to mess with camber right away. The drop is minimal enough to stay within factory specs. Looks to be about the same with the H&Rs. A little more drop offered and it looks great.

I agree and I'm. Going to be running 18s so I'm not sure if I could drop my car on lower spring than prokit

Dar-Dar

Mordorator
North NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Fiji Blue Pearl Coupe Coolest Member Since: May 15, 2011
My Tanabe springs seem to give the same amount of drop as the H&Rs. A small amount of gap on the back and very little gap on the front.

liljusepy

Seattle
Vehicle Model
Si sedan
Body Style
sedan
Since its been pouring, and I haven't been able to get whole car pics, here's some fender gap measurements:

Front is at .5"
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371832664.699913.jpg

Rear is at a little more than .3"
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371832717.182458.jpg

Here are some angle shots with corrected camber, remember the front usually has almost no camber (-.3* stock)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371832793.865828.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371832807.965827.jpg

liljusepy

Seattle
Vehicle Model
Si sedan
Body Style
sedan
Dilemma, help me out!

Should I purchase:

- Factory XM radio unit. I HATE fm radio, either way this will get done at some point. Its slowly driving me insane.

OR

- Buddy-club short shift kit, with hybrid cable bushings. More "gain" for the money, or is it?

Any thoughts on where my priority should be? Keep in mind that both options will be purchased in the next 6 months, just cant decide on which i'd rather have right at this moment!

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
Dilemma, help me out!

Should I purchase:

- Factory XM radio unit. I HATE fm radio, either way this will get done at some point. Its slowly driving me insane.

OR

- Buddy-club short shift kit, with hybrid cable bushings. More "gain" for the money, or is it?

Any thoughts on where my priority should be? Keep in mind that both options will be purchased in the next 6 months, just cant decide on which i'd rather have right at this moment!

What do you enjoy more? Having fun driving your car? Or listening to music in your car?

liljusepy

Seattle
Vehicle Model
Si sedan
Body Style
sedan
So it looks like I will be testing garageline's new civic specific wheel spacers! They machine them from solid billet, and are "adapter" style so extended studs are not necessary. Excited to see how they look, especially with how far inset the front wheels are with -1.3* camber.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Hitokiri Battousai

Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Couple of shots to show how low the H&R springs sit. The car is slightly off camber so the rear looks a little bit higher than it actually is.
View attachment 22170
View attachment 22171

Looks like you just helped me make my decision, going to buy the H&R springs for my '13 CBP Si Sedan =). Can you please share with me the part# for the springs and where you purchased? thanks a bunch!! :beer:

Last edited:

liljusepy

Seattle
Vehicle Model
Si sedan
Body Style
sedan
Looks like you just helped me make my decision, going to buy the H&R springs for my '13 CBP Si Sedan =). Can you please share with me the part# for the springs and where you purchased? thanks a bunch!! :beer:

Sweet! They are part number 51890, and I got them from wesellcarparts who is a member on this board with GREAT customer service!!

liljusepy

Seattle
Vehicle Model
Si sedan
Body Style
sedan
Garageline.com 20mm adapter spacers came today. These are VERY high quality machined out of billet and anodized black. Pictures on car next...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372738055.549717.jpg

Last edited: