Took my 2012 civic LX back to dealer for recall

desiguyinnc

Long Island, NY
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Sedan
So guys, this afternoon I took my car back to the dealership for a recall, the dealership service reps were really friendly and everything and said I could pick my car up the next day. They gave me a loaner car to drive for the day (2007 accord ex v6). The only complaint I have is the loaner car they gave me was disgusting, like dirty carpet with dirt all over burn marks on the seat and clearly not washed for a while. I just want to know, is this how Honda usually gives loaner cars? like are they all dirty and unkempt? This is my first time owning a honda, My previous car was a mercedes S430 and the loaners they gave were in immaculate condition. They also used to wash my car after a service which was awesome, does honda wash your car after a service?

iluvmycsx

Mr Csx
Vip Member
Regina - The City That Rhymes with Fun
Vehicle Model
Acura Csx
Body Style
Sedan
i had one loaner car from dealership and it was clean filled up and all ready to go but they knew ahead of time i was going to need a loaner .but i have heard others having a similar situation as yours. but i would mention it to them when you go back be nice and everything they might make it up to you. i have always had my car cleaned after services.

KennyGS

How may I help?
Keystone State
I think the condition of loaner cars is dealer dependent, since my local Honda dealer always had fairly new, and very clean loaners.

Let us know how they do on the work and wash. Maybe it's time to start a dealer/service thread?

SOLO8thGenSi

Clermont, FL
Vehicle Model
2007 Civic 4DR Si SC/AC
when i worked at Holler Honda, our loaner car setup was handled by Hertz Local Edition at Classic Mazda next door. so you'd usually get an Accord 4DR LX, Mazda 3 or 6, or something similar. they were typically decently clean considering they were rental cars and such.

best i can work out here, i've not seen a loaner car setup since HQ Honda is the sole business in the immediate area. guessing they have a contract w/ a rental car agency though nearby that drops off as needed.

glad to hear all is well w/ the new '12 Civic of yours and hopefully having an unfortunate nasty rental will be a permanent reminder of how nice ppl SHOULD keep their cars. ;)

btw, Holler would only service wash cars upon customer request. no request no wash. HQ offers right away to wash your car whether it's a Honda or not. they typically LIKE to see the vehicle was purchased new/used from HQ but they don't make a huge fuss about it. we're here to SERVE ppl after all :thumbsup:

desiguyinnc

Long Island, NY
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Sedan
ahh man, got the car back today, and it wasnt washed, worst thing was they made the interior dirty! The car has a beige interior which is so easy to get dirty and i guess when the mechanics were working on it they got some black grime on the floor and sides of the door. thankfully they cleaned it right off.

KennyGS

How may I help?
Keystone State
That's disappointing.

After reading about other people's various experiences over the years, I've concluded that I am one of the lucky few with an incredible local dealer.

I hope they at least did the work correctly.