squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
rip them as Wave files or FLACs, essential is to choose an uncompressed format.

Full Waves would be nice, but I don't think our cars support them. Plus, they take up a lot of space.

Last edited:

Monk

SW Virginia
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic EX
Body Style
Coupe FG3:ASM
Well you all managed to lose me on this, I do know that the cd's I cut sound fine the way I've been doing it, and since I don't know how to do it any other way, anyhow........... I have a good ear, so I guess I'm ok.

Dragos

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
4 Door Sedan
Full Waves would be nice, but I don't think our cars support them. Plus, they take up a lot of space.
These days we can get 32 GB sticks or bigger for cheap so that is solved. To be honest never used the USB port I mostly do CDs, FM radio or XM and that when I can convince myself that the engine growl is not a better music for my car ;) it would be really disappointing if the car does not recognize 44/116 waves...

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
What program are you using to get the music on your computer right now? It will usually have a bitrate adjustment. A number of programs default to 192kbs ... but you can adjust it up/down. The higher you go, the better the audio quality...at the expense of file size. Reducing it below 192 creates a smaller file size, but lessens the audio quality.

Dragos

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
4 Door Sedan
Well you all managed to lose me on this, I do know that the cd's I cut sound fine the way I've been doing it, and since I don't know how to do it any other way, anyhow........... I have a good ear, so I guess I'm ok.
I use exact audio copy ( eac ) for extracting clean wave files and then I sometimes use the FLAC utility to compress them size wise losselesly, mp3s I never do it if I have the CD.

http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/en/index.php/resources/download/

http://flac.sourceforge.net/documentation_tasks.html#windows

they have linux and MacOS versions as well for FLAC. not sure about EAC.

Burning I use InfraRecorder free great SW for windows. Not sure of MacOS, lots of other free ones on Linux.

http://infrarecorder.org/?page_id=5

Last edited:

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
These days we can get 32 GB sticks or bigger for cheap so that is solved. To be honest never used the USB port I mostly do CDs, FM radio or XM and that when I can convince myself that the engine growl is not a better music for my car ;) it would be really disappointing if the car does not recognize 44/116 waves...

I was referring to Waves played off of the USB stick. As far as the engine growl and music. Sometimes the music causes me to hit the rev limiter because I cannot hear the growl...

Monk

SW Virginia
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic EX
Body Style
I was referring to Waves played off of the USB stick. As far as the engine growl and music. Sometimes the music causes me to hit the rev limiter because I cannot hear the growl...
Turn the Buckin' music down ........... :D

Monk

SW Virginia
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic EX
Body Style
Someone said our cars reject some sticks, the one I bought was luck on my part, 'cause I have no idea what I bought........... ????

I'm sure I'll want to buy more..........

Last edited:

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
Someone said our cars reject some sticks, the one I bought was luck on my part, 'cause I have no idea what I bought........... ????

If I recall correctly, it was only one brand people were having issues with.

Edit: 1000 posts! :woowoo:

Last edited:

WhiteWillie

NW Houston, TX
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I've been listening to my Ipod in the car. I love the Ipod's user interface and it was loaded with my favorite tunes when I got my Si.