Wheel Fitment Charts!

PainlessCandy

Cleveland
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
View attachment 52010 Alright guys, I ordered these babies 18x8.5 offset 38. So 225/40 tires should be fine or should I do 235/40? Sorry for sounding annoying, I'm just really anxious and excited :eekdancesmiley:

How are those wheels working out for you? May I ask how much clearance you have inside before you hit any suspension components at that width? Pics would be awesome ;);)

chyld_89

How are those wheels working out for you? May I ask how much clearance you have inside before you hit any suspension components at that width? Pics would be awesome ;);)
Hey man. I love my wheels heh, I could of actually gone with 9.5" width now that I look back at these. I have not had one issue at all for hitting suspension components, but I am rubbing the front fenders a little on dips, but that's because I have like 2+ inch drop (on k-tuned coilovers). For that, am gonna order camber bolts to gain clearance. Hope this helps.

PainlessCandy

Cleveland
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Hey man. I love my wheels heh, I could of actually gone with 9.5" width now that I look back at these. I have not had one issue at all for hitting suspension components, but I am rubbing the front fenders a little on dips, but that's because I have like 2+ inch drop (on k-tuned coilovers). For that, am gonna order camber bolts to gain clearance. Hope this helps.

Thanks! I really appreciate the info. I am looking at some 18x9.5 or 18x10.5 wheels and have found conflicting information as to how much clearance I will have inside, especially with properly fitted tires - I know I will hit the fender, but have plans to accommodate on that end. I'm just hoping I don't have to run spacers. If you have any pics I'd love to see how those wide wheels look on your ride.

Cholob

Need help just wondering if 18x9.5 with an off set of +38 will fit? looking on getting 225/40/18 tires. Looking to drop 2-2.5 inches. Looking to get Work emotions d9R i like the deep dish look.
Need help regarding clearance issue with the strust and suspension i have ksport coilover.

PainlessCandy

Cleveland
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
http://www.hondapartworld.com/civic-coupe-si-accessories/civic-coupe-si-wheels/8944_42700-TR4-A91

does anyone know if these wheels will fit a 2013 civic lx? Just need to make sure they are the right fit. thanks!

Yes, they should fit without any issue. The 2013-14 factory wheels are the same wheel as this, just painted differently. They are an inch wider than the stock wheels, so be sure to get appropriately sized tires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Be sure to use OEM lug nuts with those wheels. You may have to pick up a set as the LX lugs have the plastic retainer rings for the wheel covers. Any Honda lug for an alloy wheel will work. I have found Accord lug nuts to be cheaper than Civic Si lug nuts. No idea why.

FeelinDrewzy

What issues will I run into w/ these Wheel specs for the SSR GTX01, if any?? ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
What issues will I run into w/ these Wheel specs for the SSR GTX01, if any?? ...

you'll be another mm wider than this picture below (which is already sticking way out past the fender requiring very stretched tires)

specs-18x9.5 +23
tires-215-35-18

FeelinDrewzy

you'll be another mm wider than this picture below (which is already sticking way out past the fender requiring very stretched tires)

specs-18x9.5 +23
tires-215-35-18

What's an ideal fitment if you weren't trying to have stretched tires and a close to flush look

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
How much camber are you willing to run and are you able/willing to do some fender work?

FeelinDrewzy

How much camber are you willing to run and are you able/willing to do some fender work?
I'm thinking the normal camber you would get from a 2" drop, something functional... and for fender work the most I would do is roll them

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
If you're ok with rolling fenders a bit and running some camber, I personally would not run more than -2 unless you're hitting track days, then 17/18 x9 +35 should look pretty good. Tires can be 225/45 or 225/40 depending on if you go 17" or 18". That should put you pretty close to flush and without really stretching the tires. A 235 width is better for a 9" wheel but balancing fender work/camber/stretch on a car that won't see track time, a 225 is a safe width for a 9" wheel but that is the narrowest tire I am comfortable recommending.

If you want "meaty" fitment then you would have to reduce the offset and width slightly to accommodate for the wider rubber. A 245/40 is a great performance tire size but stuffing that in there might mean more camber or more fender work. Also with a 2" drop running a slightly narrower 225 width tire will be easier to "fit."

FeelinDrewzy

If you're ok with rolling fenders a bit and running some camber, I personally would not run more than -2 unless you're hitting track days, then 17/18 x9 +35 should look pretty good. Tires can be 225/45 or 225/40 depending on if you go 17" or 18". That should put you pretty close to flush and without really stretching the tires. A 235 width is better for a 9" wheel but balancing fender work/camber/stretch on a car that won't see track time, a 225 is a safe width for a 9" wheel but that is the narrowest tire I am comfortable recommending.

If you want "meaty" fitment then you would have to reduce the offset and width slightly to accommodate for the wider rubber. A 245/40 is a great performance tire size but stuffing that in there might mean more camber or more fender work. Also with a 2" drop running a slightly narrower 225 width tire will be easier to "fit."

Ok, perfect that helped my understanding... so for the wheel I'm looking @ I was thinking of going 18 x 8.5 +44... what would that look like... I'm still trying to get a visual of what different offsets are like [emoji37][emoji37]

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
That's not too aggressive at all. Depending on the tire width you want to run. I would suggest if you want to be flush to really look at offsets of +40 to +30.

You are basing this around a 2" drop correct?

EDIT: I should say that I like that wheel size but it may not be as flush as you want but you could run a wider tire easier with that "high" offset. +45 is stock.

Double edit: @Safe Gabe - guy has run a lot of wheel/tire combos.

FeelinDrewzy

Well based on what you said w/ -2 camber and dropped to the wheel... I was thinking that would bring me to a 2" drop