xXCiviXx's 2013 DBP Si aka Alice (Picture Heavy)

xXCiviXx

Calgary, AB, Canada
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
OMG I feel like whoever thought it would be a good idea to connect the end links to the strut with an Allen bolt and nut was bottle fed as a child. That was thoroughly difficult to remove. Then again I can see why, cuz those do not want to go anywhere!

Michal006

PA
Vehicle Model
Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 6MT
Body Style
Access Cab
BTW what spring rates did you get?

Pauly99to17

Ville de Quebec
Vehicle Model
2012 LX
Body Style
Dyno Blue Pearl Sedan (FB2)
Wow, what a difference. :bowdownsit: Your car is my new favorite.
The front looks to be a little lower than the rear. I'm no expert, but I'll share my opinion. :D...I' agree with Mike, front looks great, but I might go another 1/2 " lower. Should clear fine. You'll just have make sure it doesn't rub in the front when turning tightly. I'd certainly go at least another 1.5 " in the rear. (Of course that is taking the settling into account.)
Just my 2 cents.

xXCiviXx

Calgary, AB, Canada
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
I'd certainly go at least another 1.5 " in the rear. (Of course that is taking the settling into account.)
Just my 2 cents.
Well I will definitely be going lower in the rear cuz I haven't installed the rear yet hahahaha. Had to call it quits due to weather and cramping lol. Will be doing the rear in the morning followed by a wash and hopefully an alignment. Then ROTM photo shoot time.

And thanks Pauly!! Can't wait to see/ feel the difference in ride quality!

xXCiviXx

Calgary, AB, Canada
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
Alright. Rear coils installed.
20150505_094632-1.jpg

This one is right after lowering it back to the ground
20150505_122406-1.jpg

And this is the settled pic
20150505_122928-1.jpg

This is too low for me. I want to go up 1-1.5" in the back. Will I need to take everything apart again? Or can I just adjust the spring height while everything is still attached?

Last edited:

Michal006

PA
Vehicle Model
Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 6MT
Body Style
Access Cab
Yes you can change the ride height while everything is attached. Your rear is lower than front.....:confused:

xXCiviXx

Calgary, AB, Canada
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
Yes you can change the ride height while everything is attached. Your rear is lower than front.....:confused:
I was eyeballing the height before install. And it looked to be alright. After thw rear install it was a little low for me then way too low in the back after it settled. It started raining as I was finishing the passenger side install so i wrapped it up after that. Everything is on the car now just need to tweak it. Maybe if the weather improves later this afternoon I can raise the front. Can i raise the frot while everything is attached too?

Also, will I need to reset preload on the rear shocks if I raise it? Or should it be good?

Last edited: