9th Gen 2012 Civic Short Shifter Finally Here!

I picked up one of these off e-bay from SickSpeed for $17.95 w/free shipping. Arrived very quickly and I just installed it and works great! Definately advise to put some loctite on the allen screws. Anyone paying $70 for the CT is getting ripped off royally!

I picked up one of these off e-bay from SickSpeed for $17.95 w/free shipping. Arrived very quickly and I just installed it and works great! Definately advise to put some loctite on the allen screws. Anyone paying $70 for the CT is getting ripped off royally!
You made sure and trimmed the housing correct?

Pro Civic is advertising that theirs is the lowest price guaranteed. How could you be buying it for $17.95 when theirs is more than triple that price?? :mad:
http://www.procivic.com/pages-product_car_part_info/category-73_147/product-935/index.html

^you don't get a warranty on china parts....plus I'd rather spend 30-40 more supporting ct than some chinese company that stole their r&d....i'm pretty sure the parts aren't 100% the same either.

Lets say I install this, do I have to worry about putting it all back together when I go back to stock? I want to be sure the trimmed piece doesn't affect my ability to put the shifter back to stock.

Lets say I install this, do I have to worry about putting it all back together when I go back to stock? I want to be sure the trimmed piece doesn't affect my ability to put the shifter back to stock.
The trimmed piece just holds the wires up for a cleaner appearance. But then again who's gonna go look under your center console?

^you don't get a warranty on china parts....plus I'd rather spend 30-40 more supporting ct than some chinese company that stole their r&d....i'm pretty sure the parts aren't 100% the same either.

Hey if you've got $ to burn then go for it. It is made of steel, why would you need a warranty anyway? There is no magic in this part, if it does the exact same thing that the CT one does for $50 less it's a no brainer. Don't get me wrong, I would never buy chinese parts for my car if it was something that you need to rely on and something that people can see.

Hey so mine is currently at the Post Office but I can't get it because it is closed (hours are 830-5 which makes it super hard to get there on time for anyone who works)

But i was wondering if anyone who did this install already if they could post up a step by step or something of how to get take apart the centre console?

It's pretty east to do but Arm0ged0n might.be able to get you some pictures, not sure if he did a diy on it
yeah I didn't do one sorry guys. However, you don't need to get the whole console out. You can take the right side panel off, and do the cutting from there.

Back