9th Gen 2012 Civic Short Shifter Finally Here!

Bigg bossin nvm of the being diff I'm just retarded. And I wanna know why it need to be cut!?! I have no issues with my 8th gen adapter hitting it in my ninth!

It rubs if you look down the road at it you.will see the black scuffs also I had a little trouble at times getting reverse in

Remove your shift knob and nut
Place hand in back of shift boot pull up on the lip(set piece aside)
The cup holders will pull out also( make sure arm rest is open when removing)
2 black plugs at the front of the right panel(screw driver works best to pull center part of plug)
Unplug the grey plug at the front
I believe there's 2 8mm screws down the middle right of center.console

Remove your shift knob and nut
Place hand in back of shift boot pull up on the lip(set piece aside)
The cup holders will pull out also( make sure arm rest is open when removing)
2 black plugs at the front of the right panel(screw driver works best to pull center part of plug)
Unplug the grey plug at the front
I believe there's 2 8mm screws down the middle right of center.console

Thanks bigbossin I'm gonna pick it up on my way home from work and do the install tonight...for our shift knobs do we just turn the knob counter clockwise and the little piece under it clockwise?

I've been reading around and so people have had no trouble just twisting it off while others have had a lot of problems cause it was on so tight

Just pull the boot down grab a 14 mm wrench go clockwise should release the knob to move easy. I almost gave up one day while trying to get.it off because I didn't know about the nut underneath

Just pull the boot down grab a 14 mm wrench go clockwise should release the knob to move easy. I almost gave up one day while trying to get.it off because I didn't know about the nut underneath

Thanks! I easily removed the knob from my old civic (2006 DX) but wasn't too sure how to get the SI ones off

IMG_20120927_133209.jpg

Are you kidding me?? HOW THE **** do you take out this shifter?????? I'm about to give up, too many pieces you have to take apart to get to this damn thing.. Not worth it!

Back