9CCD III: Official Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably gonna pull the trigger on some PSS in 225/45R17 tomorrow from DTD. Lightweight (compared to my S04s) and wet performance are big driving factors, the RE11s are heavy suckers, and on my blazin' 150whp car every little bit of rotating mass helps.

3 1/2 weeks left :excited:

Time is ticking down fast, gotta get the car ready in the week after next, brake pads and fluid.

Decided on RE11As, 215/45R17, same tread width as my 225 S04s, a pound lighter, and shorter for better gearing. Getting them put on at firestone since they have the best installed price, no one but TR has them online and they charge for shipping.

Had the PSS on my red WRX and thought they were only slightly better than the dunlops I took off, I never had an extreme perf. tire on any of my cars and now is the time to take the plunge, especially since this is the most agile, best handling car I've had in a long time.

Reactions: Nix
I just have to replace the brake pads, change the trans fluid and clean the car up a bit and I am ready

If you guys wouldn't be offended by having a Mustang at this Honda meet, I'd like to see if I could make it down there for at least a day or two.

I've seen a few of your videos and have did the sportbike thing in my past so I know what the deal is, you all like to drive. So do I, except I'll be in a car that may seem out of place compared to the rest of the group.

If you don't want a Mustang there spoiling your vibe, then no hard feelings on my end, I understand.

If you guys wouldn't be offended by having a Mustang at this Honda meet, I'd like to see if I could make it down there for at least a day or two.

I've seen a few of your videos and have did the sportbike thing in my past so I know what the deal is, you all like to drive. So do I, except I'll be in a car that may seem out of place compared to the rest of the group.

If you don't want a Mustang there spoiling your vibe, then no hard feelings on my end, I understand.

Well some old guy brought his Corvette the past few years so a Mustang is no big deal.

We had a 5.0 coyote back in 2011, but he since had a daughter so priorities changed a bit.

RE11s are getting installed on Saturday, giving myself a few weeks to run them in a bit before the dragon.

Reactions: Nix
DW's got installed Friday. Much nicer than the crappy all seasons I had. I had not even used half the tread life. Couldn't take it anymore.

Man.....I thought that dates for the meet were still around the 12th like the old meets, glad I checked this morning. Boss lady was not too thrilled about switching dates since she planned her weekend off around the dates I originally asked off.

Ooops! :giggle:

The old guy and his corvette wouldn't be there this year so the mustang will be our domestic factor this year.....lol

My boss still wants me to take vacation a different week.. Told him I can't unless he wants to pay me to change it...

Changed my trans fluid, picked up some new rubber, and all that is left is to dial in my alignment and all will be good to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back