Alberto's modest civic build

How was the event? Results aside... pretty fun? How did the car perform for you?

On a side note... I think the car is looking pretty good but, one suggestion I have in case you're planning anything else.... would it be possible to swap the rear flares for a set of smaller "front" sized flares? I feel like they are too large for the car and are more for a RWD drag car running 15" wide slicks. I think matched F/R flares would look really good.

I know safegabe is running 255 width tires on stock fenders. With those smaller flares you could definitely run some nice tires in there without having to use such a large rear. Just my 0.02

Thanks! And car ran fine but im definitely getting rid of my 24mm front sway bar and replacing with an EX or LX skinny one, maybe eventually replacing the rear from a 19mm Eibach to the Progress 24mm because understeer is noticeable.

With my 17x9 with a 235 there is a little bit of sidewall rollover so i cant wait till i get my 255 on the front, i will run staggered to help with understeer.

As far as flares go, im going to get either same size as i got in the front on the back (3.25 "wide ZG") or maybe something smaller to give it that flush look.

At tire rack i ended 5 out of 6 (in my class) got beat by FRS and BRZs... but they run their car alone, my gf comes with me and rides with me every single event lol.

I should've ran class S instead of T...would have been faster than s2000 and that EP3, but i like to run class T (2.5L and under)

And in case you're wondering what my stance with fender flares is right now here is a close up.

17x9 +35 (+25mm spacer, so +10) on 235/45/R17
Front flare (3.25in)

Rear flare (3.75in)

I also bought PRL SRI 3.5in diameter (no battery relocate needed) & Hondata. Gonna get that installed sometime in a couple weeks.

Very cool man. Yeah I think if you tighten up those rear flares it'll look better. You'll definitely like the change in sway bars. It'll make a big difference in handling/rotation for auto-x. I'd say just change the rear bar first and leave the front alone for now. See how it changes one piece at a time so you can decide what else needs to change incrementally.

What tire pressure are you running? If your sidewalls are rolling over during hard cornering you may need to bump your pressure up.
During autoX i usually ran 30psi front 35 rear to get more grip. But i think now im gonna run 35 front 40 rear and monitor in between runs.

During autoX i usually ran 30psi front 35 rear to get more grip. But i think now im gonna run 35 front 40 rear and monitor in between runs.

Damn! That seems very low pressure wise. I was running 39psi (front) / 37 psi (rear) and the fronts were rolling on me. But I know every tire is different and I'm running 245/40/18.

Damn! That seems very low pressure wise. I was running 39psi (front) / 37 psi (rear) and the fronts were rolling on me. But I know every tire is different and I'm running 245/40/18.

Yeah my sidewalls were getting pretty destroyed. Im thinking once tires are hot maybe 40psi front 45 rear. But ill see this Saturday how autoX goes.

Yeah my sidewalls were getting pretty destroyed. Im thinking once tires are hot maybe 40psi front 45 rear. But ill see this Saturday how autoX goes.

Yeah the 39/37 was hot tire pressure for me. I'm definitely bumping them up a good bit.

I have an autocross Saturday also. It's going to be HOT (98F) :(

Yeah the 39/37 was hot tire pressure for me. I'm definitely bumping them up a good bit.

I have an autocross Saturday also. It's going to be HOT (98F) :(
It is gonna be hot here in chicago too, like 100F, and me with no A/C im gonna die lol.

Add more front psi for sure. I run 40 psi front 38 rear. Both cold pressures. If I'm not mistaken less rear pressure than front will actually help with your understeer.

Do you use chalk to mark and monitor your tires?

Add more front psi for sure. I run 40 psi front 38 rear. Both cold pressures. If I'm not mistaken less rear pressure than front will actually help with your understeer.

Do you use chalk to mark and monitor your tires?

That makes sense... cuz drift cars use like 15psi on the back and 30 on the frontr.... hmmm....

Ill try that then, and i didnt use chalk, but remember the white lettering i did on my tires???... thst was... the chalk. Lol

Back