2012 Civic MPG - share your current gas mileage

maybe I should be shifting at a higher rpm?
I usually shift at 2500

yeah between 3-4 k would be good for nomal driving i would think me and squiggy hitting closer to 30 city

maybe I should be shifting at a higher rpm?
I usually shift at 2500

You should probably shift closer to 3000. Otherwise, you could actually be using more gas trying to keep the rpms up because they are too low for the gear. Lower rpms does not necessarily equate less gas being used.

very true it can cause the motor to slightly bog because there isnt enough load in the rpms when you change a gear

Last edited:
30.6 mpg holding strong. Mostly highway driving, but some stop & go.
Shifting between 3-4k. I hit vtech occasionally. Bone stock no mods yet

I fell like my mpg has dropped ever since i passed the 1500k mark smh and i shift at 3k when im driving slow :driving:and rushing is 3500-4k in the city :vtec: lol

I fell like my mpg has dropped ever since i passed the 1500k mark smh and i shift at 3k when im driving slow :driving:and rushing is 3500-4k in the city :vtec: lol
More than likely it's your driving style, and not the car. Test: fill it up next to an interstate and get on the road and use cruise control all the way(100 miles or so), then pull off and fill up again next to the interstate. Use your phone calculator to find the average (miles divided by gallons = ).

More than likely it's your driving style, and not the car. Test: fill it up next to an interstate and get on the road and use cruise control all the way(100 miles or so), then pull off and fill up again next to the interstate. Use your phone calculator to find the average (miles divided by gallons = ).

prob is lol, will do thank you

I got about 45mpg once right after filling up, than I stopped going down hill, I have been getting at worst around 26mpg around town, and up to 35mpg on the highway. Overall average appears just under 29mpg, about 75% city driving / 25% highway.

Back