2012 Civic MPG - share your current gas mileage

I normally shift between 3 and 4K rpm and I consistently get about 8L/100kms or about 29MPG.

Actually I just read the title. My 2013 Civic Si gets the above mileage.

It all depends on how u drive, if u like to wot then u well have to pay at the pump for it, like me I drive like grandma so I always happy with my gas mileage, I well get on it when I'm racing because there no point of beating on it all the time, shifting is 2500 to 2700 max for daily.

Last edited:
I got about 35 mpg on my road trip. I didn't remember to look until after I was in traffic in the holland tunnel. So I may have had 40 mpg cuz it was mostly highway with little traffic 70-80 mph.

My past two tanks have been right around 26mpg, and that's pretty much all my city commute, 11.5-12 miles each way with traffic. The heat wave last week really took a toll on my mileage. I'm WAY jealous of you Si'ers getting my mileage with the 2.4!

Last edited:
My past two tanks have been right around 26mpg, and that's pretty much all my city commute, 11.5-12 miles each way with traffic. The heat wave last week really took a toll on my mileage. I'm WAY jealous of you Si'ers getting my mileage with the 2.4!

Haha that is true I get around that in the Si, I have a commute of about 7.8 miles each way. All surface streets so I cant really settle in and get good mileage. But it is fun haha

i average 26. when do you guys shift? i usually shift at 2500 or so. and rarely hit vtec now ever since i found out we have Economy VTEC and not Performance VTEC like that on the 8th gen civic and the TSX... :(

i average 26. when do you guys shift? i usually shift at 2500 or so. and rarely hit vtec now ever since i found out we have Economy VTEC and not Performance VTEC like that on the 8th gen civic and the TSX... :(

You should probably shift closer to 3000. Otherwise, you could actually be using more gas trying to keep the rpms up because they are too low for the gear. Lower rpms does not necessarily equate less gas being used.

It all depends on how u drive, if u like to wot then u well have to pay at the pump for it, like me I drive like grandma so I always happy with my gas mileage, I well get on it when I'm racing because there no point of beating on it all the time, shifting is 2500 to 2700 max for daily.
hahahah drive like grandma eh?!!

lol im gonna be a crazy grandpa driver! 120 in a 50 type guy! Driving my 1972 KGC-10 @ 9000rpm :p lololololol

Just to give a perspective, I have an automatic and taking it easy off the line(in D) it doesn't shift any lower than 3500 to 4k on the 1st change, and 3 to 3500 on the 2nd change.......

U.S. gallons for 300 miles .... My Ex.......

2hcj9g9.jpg

I only get about 24 out of my Si. I have gotten 32 in a trip but that's the best ids ever seen. I have a heavy foot lol.

Wow, amazing differences here. 38.1 is my single tank best, but totally unrealistic. I was milking it big time at 55mph. City MPG is 24-26. Many will find that Honda builds very economical cars when kept at 3000rpm and under. Almost like a magic cutoff point. At a steady 80 (3500rpm?) I drop way down to 30-32. Still not bad. Dragon driving costs twice as much (about 16mpg)....but were miles well worth the expense.

Trivia question: When your 2012 reserve light goes on ("low fuel" warning) how much fuel do you have left?

Answer: 2.1.

Just filled up today, tank average was 37.4. Did about 411 miles on 11 gallons of gas...all mixed driving, eco mode on...pretty happy with that.
photo.JPG

Back