2012 Civic MPG - share your current gas mileage

My mpg sucks. I think it is due to a few reasons. 1. Lots of stop and go traffic, 2. Heavy wheels that I need to brake in stop and go traffic, 3. I do 6 miles 2 trips daily, 4. Body kit with down force, 5. Maybe it's about time for the spark plug replacement

WP_20170518_001.jpg

My mpg sucks. I think it is due to a few reasons. 1. Lots of stop and go traffic, 2. Heavy wheels that I need to brake in stop and go traffic, 3. I do 6 miles 2 trips daily, 4. Body kit with down force, 5. Maybe it's about time for the spark plug replacement

Totally worth it tho (?)

Reactions: Tak

View attachment 55926

Do you know what the weight is for your wheels?

Do you know what the weight is for your wheels?
My wheel is Drag -33. According to the website, it is 20 pounds without the lug lock. I don't know what the weight is for the gorilla lug lock though.

I think my wheel setup is heavier than stock steel wheel.

I've been trying to find a way to scale a wheel. May be I could when I'm trying to install the suspension.

I think your issue is stop and go traffic. 20lbs isn't great, but it's not horrible. Any time you aren't moving you're just burning/wasting gas.

Reactions: Tak
I think your issue is stop and go traffic. 20lbs isn't great, but it's not horrible. Any time you aren't moving you're just burning/wasting gas.
But I recall I got a little better mpg before the car was transformed LOL
I've been thinking about getting enkei rpf1 painted in white and a bbk in the near future for a possible mpg improvement

22 mpg these days because of increased traffic. Average speed on a tank of gas has dropped to below 20 mph over the tank of gas.

I get 50mph+ on my si Honda when I coast and I do that a lot .:box:

View attachment 55926
the stock :pianodance:wheels are eating too much gas- ditch them.

Averaged about 30.5 MPG right now, 20% city / 80% highway cruising. Filling up when I hit around 300 miles. It's dropped way down since I've installed my downpipe... lol
You should have picked up MPG's with less back pressure-sounds like a tune problem.

Top gear had a MPG war and used special tips to get more MPG-mostly eating too much gas is a driver problem as well not setting up the car right.

Top gear had a MPG war and used special tips to get more MPG-mostly eating too much gas is a driver problem as well not setting up the car right.
mpgs have actually gone up sense I know how to squeeze extra MPG's if I need too,but usually don't bother. Its quite a bit better than my srt-4 does-same size engine but turbo and a bit lighter too. Nothing beats my 2001 neon is gas mileage 2550pds is why and rolling on snow tires too.

My lifetime average is 39.9US MPG(5.895 L/HK or 16.96km/L) over the past 9,961.5 miles(16,031.4KM)since I bought it. It's a 2015 EX with CVT. I use a scanguage to get the most of my fuel. I drive about 60% highway. I also installed US model HF wheels for less drag. Live in southern Ontario. Love this car. I only run Exxon/Mobil/Esso 97 octane as it seems to give me better fuel economy than many others I've tried (BP/Shell/PetroCan/Pilot)

Last edited:
Back