2016 Honda Civic Pricing & Info Released

2601-civic-x-news-albums-honda-picture1002-civic-rims.jpg

2016-civic-project-jpg.380

modified-2016-civic-coupe-aftermarketwheels-quarter-5a.jpg

Honda-Civic-Type-R-Sedan.jpg

Last one doesn't look that bad, but the other ones

00c69eb.jpg

Well, the Type R looks sweet. ;).....but ya, the two renderings look pretty good, but they are renderings. The actual car doesn't look as good in reality.

Last edited:
So I got to drive a 2016 Civic Touring with the Turbo motor(sister-in-laws loaner car). Overall I was pleasantly surprised how nice it was IF you stay in the car, lol. I still do not like the exterior design and look to the car.

The cabin felt really "cockpit like", you can adjust the seat real low and the center console seems higher that the '15s, as well as the dash. I drove it in the dark so didn't really see the fit and finish of the materials used. There is plenty of headroom for me, being 6ft tall, but the back seat lacked headroom for me but had decent leg room(more than the '15 sedan). We had a bady seat in the pass side and the front pass also had plenty of room.
This car had all the bells and whistles, lane departure, adaptive cruise, navi, leather, sunroof, LED headlights, LCD speedo and info......all that jazz but didn't get to play with any of it. Navi screen looked nice. LED headlights were nice but my retrofit(mini D2S) seemed better.....I have wider output and "whiter" light.

Now to the driving.....I drove about 12 miles in a semi twisty road. The car handled nicely, it has the "normal" Honda body roll but pretty quick in the turn in. Feel kinda darty when you get on the steering. Acceleration....I would say almost on par with the Si Sedan that I drive, which is good for the non-Si version of the Civic. There is just something missing in the car when you drop the pedal to the floor. The feeling that your accelerating is not there like in my Si, it's close but just not quite the same. Maybe it's the CVT trans? From a dig, it feels worse.

I'm guessing with a couple bolt-ons it would be a pretty decent daily if it responds well to the bolt-ons.

Overall thoughts, its a nice car except the exterior. The non-touring versions might be meh. Can't wait to drive the Si version when it comes out and hopefully the changes that come with an Si on the exterior would change my mind on that aspect.

Actually thought the accord coupe was the civic coupe at the auto show initially.

Back